Advertise With Us!
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last1oftheJedi

A message from Charles Xavier

After my talk with Ace (Still love ya, Bro. Still feel ya a friend. No lie), I felt a need to share a moment in my childhood with you all. Perhaps you agree, perhaps you don't. But it gives ya an idea of why and where I come from. With that, please enjoy:

Freak.

Flatscan.

Deadend.

Genejoke.

Mutie.

Words. Powerful words meant to distance... to demean...

...to destroy the havens of self respect we each carry and nurture within us --

-- just as sure as they seek to rend the centuries old tapestry we, as a race, have agreed to call civilization.

These words carry us away from the light and lead us marching, no--CHARGING -- into the darkness where prejudice and bigotry reign.

Ugly, hateful words as weapons... and words that ultimately fail to achieve thier purpose.

This concert is about embracing our unqiueness -- the color of a man's skin. The choice of whom we love --

-- the right for your neighbor to presue his individual religious observance.

Isn't it also about learning to repsect a person born with a torso fin, cursed with an opitic blast, or blessed with the natural powersof telekinesis?

Seeing past their diffrences, humans and mutants share a common unbreakable bond.

No amount of words -- of derision, distrust, or disinformation -- can change the truth that each of us...

...man, woman, black, hispanic, jew, asian, native american, homosexual, mutant, everyone...

underneath all the "words"... we are related. We are all Family.

X-Men #294

After my talk with Ace (Still love ya, Bro. Still feel ya a friend. No lie), I felt a need to share a moment in my childhood with you all. Perhaps you agree, perhaps you don't. But it gives ya an idea of why and where I come from. With that, please enjoy:

Freak.

Flatscan.

Deadend.

Genejoke.

Mutie.

Words. Powerful words meant to distance... to demean...

...to destroy the havens of self respect we each carry and nurture within us --

-- just as sure as they seek to rend the centuries old tapestry we, as a race, have agreed to call civilization.

These words carry us away from the light and lead us marching, no--CHARGING -- into the darkness where prejudice and bigotry reign.

Ugly, hateful words as weapons... and words that ultimately fail to achieve thier purpose.

This concert is about embracing our unqiueness -- the color of a man's skin. The choice of whom we love --

-- the right for your neighbor to presue his individual religious observance.

Isn't it also about learning to repsect a person born with a torso fin, cursed with an opitic blast, or blessed with the natural powersof telekinesis?

Seeing past their diffrences, humans and mutants share a common unbreakable bond.

No amount of words -- of derision, distrust, or disinformation -- can change the truth that each of us...

...man, woman, black, hispanic, jew, asian, native american, homosexual, mutant, everyone...

underneath all the "words"... we are related. We are all Family.

X-Men #294

Charles Xavier.

Wheelchair-bound mentor of X-Men.

Believe character was killed off in one of the movies.

Know the character well.

Big comic book enthusiast.

Feel your words Last Jedi.

God bless ya fellow Christian/

SK

:cmicsfee:

1. Jump To Top