Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

N. Korea open to talks if recognized as nuclear power

North Korea is ready to sit at the negotiating table for peace talks if it is recognized as a nuclear power, the Russian delegation to Pyongyang said, adding that the North claims that it was forced to be aggressive and will not stop its nuclear program.

“They [Pyongyang] are ready to talk, however the [North] Korean side has its own condition – it should be recognized as a nuclear power,” Vitaly Pashin, a member of the Russian delegation, told news agencies upon their return. The North is now ready to negotiate with Washington “under parity terms” with the participation of Russia as a third party, he added.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/news/411521-north-korea-negotiate-nuclear/

What difference does it make if it is recognized or not? 

I doubt the us would go for this. But I am on the look out for an agreement.... So... could be this...

16 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I doubt the us would go for this. But I am on the look out for an agreement.... So... could be this...

I'm getting N. Korea fatigue. lol 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I'm getting N. Korea fatigue. lol 

It's going to be stretched out..... Years left..... I'm remembering that and not worrying so much. We can only do what we can do.. until things happen.

38 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What difference does it make if it is recognized or not? 

It's the first official step along this road below. Once they are recognised they can come under the management regimes and stop being treated by the rest of the world as a 'rogue state.' It's lip service of course but that's essentially what international diplomacy actually is.

A good agreement between the U.S. and North Korea would stop such further development of missiles and nukes in exchange for nthe stop of U.S. maneuvers near the country. North Korea has made such a "double suspension" offer. It is for the U.S. to accept it. But with Tillerson leaving as Secretary of State and Pompeo taking over his job the chances for negotiations and any deal are currently next to zero.

http://www.moonofalabama.org/2017/11/north-korea-the-missile-program-is-now-complete.html

NK made that offer in 2015 and it has been repeating it ever since.  

The Americans think the North Koreans should be happy as long as they are not being nuked, but the North Koreans aren't happy as long as negotiations leading to a withdrawal of the threat of nuclear annihilation have not started.  That gap in understanding means that the North Koreans have to continually prod the US.  Only the Americans can solve this problem, by agreeing to negotiate.  Unfortunately, Trump takes every prod as a personal insult, or at least pretends to, leading to another threat to nuke, leading to more NK prodding, and so on.  Only the Americans can break this cycle.  There is some serious game theory shit going on here.

http://xymphora.blogspot.co.nz

Edited by Dr. Evil
  • Like 2

Little kimmy's ego is getting to big for the planet with a statement like "we will only negotiate if we are recognized as a nuclear power" wtf. Yeah you made a little bomb so what, stop threatening everyone and you wouldn't have all this heat on you. Stfu and grow up little boy. 

1 hour ago, Groove said:

Little kimmy's ego is getting to big for the planet with a statement like "we will only negotiate if we are recognized as a nuclear power" wtf. Yeah you made a little bomb so what, stop threatening everyone and you wouldn't have all this heat on you. Stfu and grow up little boy. 

I would have to agree 

we should pull out of the 38th 

end the war for good 

unite the Koreas and they can solve their own problems 

• Like 1

Letting someone else solve their own problems is not going to increase the Military Industrial Complex's budget. So that's not gonna happen. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.