Cinders77

So did anyone watch The Orville last night? Containment field collapse and bloody noses...hmmm...

I watched The Orville last night.  For those who don't know, Seth MacFarlane is the creator and writes a lot of the scripts himself.  He's also the creator for shows like American Dad and Family Guy, which sometimes have interesting revelations about future events.  The Orville is similar to Star Trek in that it's a program about space exploration.  Seth MacFarlane is the Captain of The Orville and has the screen credit for being the writer of last night's show. 

So quick synopsis:

The Orville runs into a space anomaly, similar to a portal, which they couldn't explain.  I'm skipping some parts here to get to the good stuff.  They discover the anomaly is 2 dimensional which means if 3 dimensional beings enter it, it will crush them to 2 dimensions.   To escape hostile entities, they decide to create a containment field (similar to force field) around The Orville to maintain the integrity of the ship along with themselves when they enter the anomaly.  They have to stay in the anomaly for a few hours before they can leave so the containment field has to last.  The captain brings up Flatland which is a real book from the late 1800's about how 3 dimensional beings would be viewed by 2 dimensional beings.  But he puts a spin on it and says that the book is about racism.  I'm like RACISM?  He says the squares are basically the lowest of the low, the triangles are more important but the circles are the highest and most important. 

One of the crew asks if Flatland works the same with higher dimensions - 4th and 5th dimension to 3rd.  And of course, he says yes.  (So I take from that comment that higher dimensional beings see us as bugs to be squished.)

So here's the interesting part of the program that might be an explanation for what happened to Sheila Jackson:

When they're trying to get out of the anomaly, the containment field starts collapsing and they're being squished to 2D beings. They recover the containment field and come out of the anomaly but....they all have bloody noses! 

Was Sheila Jackson losing containment? 

[There are lots of videos on You Tube that explain Flatland.]

16 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

There's been a bit more use of the term in the nosebleeds also.

Mat_18:16  But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.

14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

There's been a bit more use of the term in the nosebleeds also.

I had a mild ear infection and was getting ready to go see the doc. But one of my female co-workers handed me a couple of pills and said Don't look at them, just take them. Pain went away.

I asked her later what they were. Fvckin' Midol! Good stuff! But for months after, I'd get a nosebleed every 28 days. :grumph:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, COBO Member said:

Fvckin' Midol!

So glad I posted something I thought might be interesting  to this forum. 

Brilliant reply.  :clap1: 

I guess it is true - women's brains are larger than men's...  :laughmeme:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cinders77 said:

So glad I posted something I thought might be interesting  to this forum. 

Brilliant reply.  :clap1: 

I guess it is true - women's brains are larger than men's...  :laughmeme:

Oh, you did! I try not to miss The Orville. But wasn't this the second incident of Ms. Jackson having a nosebleed? IRL, that's not a good sign.

My evil twin wonders if maybe her brain is so big, it's leaking out her nose? Like the magician pulling the never-ending string of handkerchiefs from his pocket.

11 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

maybe her brain is so big, it's leaking out her nose

Alas no...her brain is too small (just like a man's) and that's why it could be leaking out her nose.   Maybe she is a man in disguise.  Hard to tell these days. 

I mean, you took Midol.  One might have to wonder if they saw you downing a couple...:gsbrnint:

Edited by Cinders77

16 minutes ago, Cinders77 said:

Alas no...her brain is too small (just like a man's) and that's why it could be leaking out her nose.   Maybe she is a man in disguise.  Hard to tell these days. 

I mean, you took Midol.  One might have to wonder if they saw you downing a couple...:gsbrnint:

<sigh> Make her/him bend over at the waist. He can have all the surgeries available. Hormone treatments and adam's apple sculpturing. But if that ass doesn't spread... guess what?

• WTF 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.