This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Cop Accuser Implodes in Breitbart Interview, Admits to Making Unsupported Claims About Roy Moore

Cinnamon    27,516

The news media seemingly failed to vet Gary, with numerous articles and the MSNBC interview not mentioning that Moore was the prosecutor in an 1982 high profile case that sent her brother, Jimmy Wright, to prison on charges of possession of a controlled substance.  This after a second charge, unlawful sale of a controlled substance, was dropped.

The case was known locally as the “drugs in the mouth” case because, according to the state’s evidence, Wright allegedly tried to hide cocaine wrapped in foil in his mouth while his home was being searched.  The Gadsden Times on April 9, 1982, documented how in his closing arguments, Moore put wrapped foil in his mouth that was ten times larger than the foil allegedly found on Wright in order to demonstrate that such a feat was possible.

Speaking to Breitbart News, Gary claimed that she was not motivated by anger over Moore’s involvement in convicting her brother.

“Really, I had forgotten all about the case on my brother,” she stated. “That had nothing to do with why my making the statements that I made. I made this statement because the women came out. I had no reason to make it before then. I didn’t even think about Roy Moore.”

She forgot her brother's trial? Oh, come now. I am not believing that for a second.