Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Guest

Supermoon Dec 3rd 14% bigger 30% brighter than avg full moon

Recommended Posts

Guest

In two days we will have the only super-moon of 2017. This is when a full moon occurs when the moon is at it closest point in the orbit around the earth.

It will be 14% bigger, 30% brighter and it's max gravitation pull on the earth.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2017/11/28/only-supermoon-year-rise-sunday-evening/901844001/

 

Lock your doors and hang some garlic out. A silver bullet or 2 may come in handy. :hairy:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

In two days we will have the only super-moon of 2017. This is when a full moon occurs when the moon is at it closest point in the orbit around the earth.

It will be 14% bigger, 30% brighter and it's max gravitation pull on the earth.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/science/2017/11/28/only-supermoon-year-rise-sunday-evening/901844001/

 

Lock your doors and hang some garlic out. A silver bullet or 2 may come in handy. :hairy:

 

 

I think I'll be bolting things to the wall over here instead, earthquakes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I think I'll be bolting things to the wall over here instead, earthquakes! 

That's why I mentioned "and it's max gravitation pull on the earth.".

Could trigger a couple, but I'm really waiting to see if it triggers the Bali volcano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

Lock your doors and hang some garlic out. A silver bullet or 2 may come in handy. :hairy:

:oaeemqeo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Trio of Extra Full 'Supermoons' You Don't Want to Miss - 'Super Blue Blood Moon' Coming ....

 

Published on Dec 1, 2017Nothing beats a bright and beautiful 'Supermoon.' Except maybe, three 'Supermoons'. A series of three extra 'Supermoons' will appear on the celestial stage on December 3, 2017, January 1, 2018, and January 31, 2018. The third one will be extra special.

First of all, the January 31st supermoon will feature a total lunar eclipse, with totality viewable from western North America across the pacific to Eastern Asia. The lunar eclipse on January 31 will be visible during moonset. Folks in the Eastern United States, where the eclipse will be partial, will have to get up in the morning to see it. But it’s another great chance to watch the Moon. The Moon will lose its brightness and take on an eerie, fainter-than-normal glow from the scant sunlight that makes its way through Earth’s atmosphere. Often cast in a reddish hue because of the way the atmosphere bends the light, totally eclipsed Moons are sometimes called ‘Blood Moons.’

The January 31st Supermoon will also be the second full Moon of the month. Some people call the second full Moon in a month a Blue Moon, that makes it a super ‘Blue Moon.’ Blue Moons happen every two and a half years, on average. With the total eclipse, it’ll be a royal spectacle indeed: a ‘Super Blue Blood’ Moon.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I think I'll be bolting things to the wall over here instead, earthquakes! 

Don't say that!

:oh-god-why-troll-smiley-emoticon:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Don't say that!

:oh-god-why-troll-smiley-emoticon:

Shep, Mercury goes retrograde again on December 2nd through the 22nd. Should be interesting. Put on your titanium undies, man, it could be quite a ride this "Holiday Season"!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RabidWolf said:

Shep, Mercury goes retrograde again on December 2nd through the 22nd. Should be interesting. Put on your titanium undies, man, it could be quite a ride this "Holiday Season"!

Interesting dates. the 3rd I start watching for events. And I love 22's...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.