Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Catholic Church Priests Raped Children in Philadelphia but the wrong people went to jail

It took a near-death experience to convince retired Philadelphia police detective Joe Walsh that he couldn’t keep quiet anymore about what he knew.

<snip>

In 2002, Walsh was one of four detectives assigned to DA Lynne Abraham’s groundbreaking grand jury investigation into the sexual abuse of children in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. Abraham wanted her detectives and prosecutors to shred the veil of secrecy that had shrouded the archdiocese for decades, allowing it to harbor pedophiles. It was a daunting task, however, because unlike the local chapter of the Mafia, which was thick with turncoats and snitches, omertà, the code of silence, was still fully in effect in the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. And church officials routinely behaved as though the laws of the state didn’t apply to them.

Cardinal Anthony Bevilacqua, the archbishop of Philadelphia, lived like a monarch in a grand, 12,600-square-foot mansion where “His Eminence,” as he insisted on being called, was waited on by servants as he entertained VIPs. Women routinely bowed before the cardinal and kissed his ring.

<snip> 

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/12/08/catholic-church-priests-raped-children-philadelphia-725894.html

Interesting story. 40 years ago? They were molesting kids all this time and still are... 

6 minutes ago, GT500 said:

This is going to bring down the entire nation 

a ticking time bomb! Went on far to long! 

How can we find out how many priests have been busted as pedos? I'd really like to know the numbers. :angry:

• Like 1

In the 80's, I worked as an independent computer software developer with the Philly diocesan high schools to develop an alumni/fund development package. I can tell you this is the tip of the iceberg. The following is just one of cases I knew about which was kept of the press for years giving the parents hush money until the victims came of age and filed charges. In court, Bevilacqua was Sargent Schultz, see nothing, hear nothing, know nothing. Anybody else would have been cited for contempt of court and perjury.

Monsignor David Walls, ordained in 1960, was a sexual abuser of both boys and

girls, yet served as Vicar for Catholic Education in the Philadelpia Archdiocese. Cardinal

Bevilacqua left him living in a parish rectory, ministering to all ages, even after learning

of the priest’s sexual offenses. When the Cardinal testified that he did so because he did

not know at the time that the victims were minors, the Grand Jury did not find his

explanation credible – or consistent with the evidence. The Cardinal’s testimony did,

however, provide a window into the deceptions, half-truths, and rationalizations with

which the Archdiocese has sought to justify and cover up practices that systematically

abetted the abuse of children.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/2005_09_21_Philly_GrandJury/Philly_05_13_Walls.pdf

At one point in the 80's, I met Monsignor Walls and shook his hand. I got the creepiest vibes in my life. Later when I found out why, I must of washed my hands for hour.

I am utterly convinced this is still going on. They are begging for people to take law in their own hands.

3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

How can we find out how many priests have been busted as pedos? I'd really like to know the numbers. :angry:

I have no idea 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.