Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!
Cryptic Mole

All of my Yorkies are getting sick (watch you dogs)

Recommended Posts

Over the past 4 days, a real nasty stomach virus has made its way thru my home attacking 4 of my 5 dogs thus far. My first to have it is still having problems but is in good spirits because he barks when someone comes over, lol. In all my years of dog breeding, this is the worse virus I have ever seen thus far. You might remember just last month on October 12th, we lost our Little Baby Boo (my avatar) to heart failure, and to tell you the truth, I'm concerned about some of my older dogs with this one. The scary part is no matter how I treat them medicinally, nothing seems to help. The main concern is keeping them hydrated because of dehydration caused by vomiting and diarrhea.

Watch your pets because this is a very nasty one!

Edited by Cryptic Mole
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope your fur-kids are better soon!

As a pet owner I am sure you are aware but I have to ask - What food do you feed? Make sure it is american made, not just "distributed" by an american company and filled with antifreeze or poison. Also stay away from any rawhide or dehydrated meat treats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

I hope your fur-kids are better soon!

As a pet owner I am sure you are aware but I have to ask - What food do you feed? Make sure it is american made, not just "distributed" by an american company and filled with antifreeze or poison. Also stay away from any rawhide or dehydrated meat treats.

We feed them Pedigree canned foods and we do avoid doggie treats from China. Especially any treats that contain dyes no matter what country they are from. Even the U.S. China even poisons their own babies with poison baby formula.

  • WTF 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Over the past 4 days, a real nasty stomach virus has made its way thru my home attacking 4 of my 5 dogs thus far. My first to have it is still having problems but is in good spirits because he barks when someone comes over, lol. In all my years of dog breeding, this is the worse virus I have ever seen thus far. You might remember just last month on October 12th, we lost our Little Baby Boo (my avatar) to heart failure, and to tell you the truth, I'm concerned about some of my older dogs with this one. The scary part is no matter how I treat them medicinally, nothing seems to help. The main concern is keeping them hydrated because of dehydration caused by vomiting and diarrhea.

Watch your pets because this is a very nasty one!

If you haven't already, ask the vet for some sub q fluids and needles to keep them hydrated, they can't drink enough to stay hydrated with all that throwing up doing on. Might want to take one to the vet and see what's up. Get one diagnosed and you'll know what's wrong with all. Sorry to hear that, CM, I hope they all recover quick. Cleaning up all that mess is not good for you either. 

If you haven't tried Slippery Elm, yet, do, it's really soothing on the stomach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

If you haven't already, ask the vet for some sub q fluids and needles to keep them hydrated, they can't drink enough to stay hydrated with all that throwing up doing on. Might want to take one to the vet and see what's up. Get one diagnosed and you'll know what's wrong with all. Sorry to hear that, CM, I hope they all recover quick. Cleaning up all that mess is not good for you either. 

If you haven't tried Slippery Elm, yet, do, it's really soothing on the stomach. 

The best thing to hydrate them is coconut water because it's loaded with electrolytes. You just need to also get a little sodium into their systems. I'll bet they also cramp up like humans when they become dehydrated of the essential electrolytes. In the older dogs, which I have, low electrolytes can have a negative effect on their heart because they regulate heartbeat and heart contractions.

Yes, the mess is annoying because I have to disinfect every time they vomit or the other.  However, we love our little friends who depend on me and my wife to help and protect them when they are sick like this.

edit: Forgot to mention that I give them trace mineral supplement drops in their drinking water to add additional electrolytes.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.