Cinnamon

Al Green plans to force vote for impeachment next week

Democratic congressman plans to force vote to impeach Trump next week

The Texas Democrat said he understands if his fellow lawmakers vote to table his articles of impeachment, send them to committee or vote on them, but said his constituents expect him to fight back against the president.

“I don’t know what the vote will be, but I do know this,” he said. “Next week, there will be a vote to impeach. Next week, there will be a resolution brought before the Congress and there will be a vote to either table it, to send it to committee or to vote it up and down. That’s what the people I represent expect me to do, and I will do no less.”

<snip>

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democratic-congressman-plans-to-force-vote-to-impeach-trump-next-week/article/2642149

Blah blah blah. I hope he is abandoned by all of his "colleagues". 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

Blah blah blah.

Clearly less-than-brilliant congressmen come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. I would not want to be him when his little plan fails. 

So long..farewell...auf wiedersehen...goodbye! :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Let them try to Impeach Trump -- and they may. Doubt they will succeed.  I think they will try something or release damaging news which is why Trump is blasting them now.  He knows.  Let the fireworks begin!

If he pulls this stunt and has no proper charges to back it up, he should be immediately and permanently removed from the political realm.

• Like 1

Another useful and meaningful legislative contribution from bcc. If there is a conspiracy against those people, it is that clarence thomas and ben carson are the only 2 normal ones with iq above retard level allowed. Only the dumbest, most big mouth, (unka tom) "D" button excuses ever get elected and they are just planted D button pushers.

That is not right. There are a LOT better humans than maxine waters, that should be rich for filing 2 pieces of paper in over 3 decades. Why do they keep getting elected?

I'm not sure,but I don't think anything can be voted on in the House,unless the Speaker okays it.

The Speaker of the House of Reps is an extremely powerful position.

So Al... how you gunna "force" that impeachment there buddy. You truly have nothing to go on beside the fact that you people, and yes I said you people, don't like Trump. Lower unemployment, more jobs, jobs coming back to America, a 3.3something GDP in which you people boasted that trump could never do only bc your golden boy Obummer couldn't do it, and stock market numbers we haven't seen in years. The country is coming back but freakin demoncrats won't let him work and bring it back. 

I bet if Trump ran and won as a demoncrat we wouldn't have any of this bs. Also willing to bet that no matter what republican won we would still be going thru the same bs. 

• Like 1

Floor Action on Questions of Privilege

A Member raises a question of the privileges of the House in the form of a resolution. The Member rises on the floor and states, “Mr. Speaker, I rise to a question of the privileges of the House, and I offer a resolution which I send to the Clerk’s desk.” The text of the resolution is read. If it is the majority leader or the minority leader who offers the resolution, the Speaker immediately rules as to whether it constitutes a valid question of privilege. If the question is raised by any other Member, consideration of it may be deferred until a time and place within the next two legislative days that the Speaker designates in the legislative schedule. When that time arrives, the Speaker then decides whether the resolution raises a valid question of privilege. If the Speaker determines that the resolution does raise a valid question of privilege, the House proceeds to consider the resolution under the one-hour rule, with the time for debate equally divided between the resolution’s proponent and either the majority leader or the minority leader, as the Speaker determines. The House may agree to order the previous question after the first hour of debate on the resolution; if so, the House proceeds to vote on the resolution without amendment or further debate. If the previous question is not ordered, debate may continue under the one-hour rule, and the Member controlling the time may propose an amendment to the resolution. Motions to table or refer the resolution, or to postpone its consideration, are also in order. A Member raises a question of personal privilege simply by stating that he or she is rising on the floor for that purpose. A question of personal privilege is not raised by resolution. The Speaker then asks the Member to explain the grounds on which the question is based. If the Speaker determines that the Member has raised a valid question of privilege, that Member is recognized immediately to speak for one hour. After this hour for debate, the House takes no further action on the matter. No vote occurs, because there is no question for the House to decide.

This is all a farce put up there to cast some kind of doubt on Trump. Impeachment is a process not taking someone out immediately. But an impeachment process can cause a lot of trouble! 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.