Walk Softly

Should I Love God More?

I believe the common teachings amongst the Christian leaders causes people to live in a perceptual cycle of bondage.  If you consider that the Bible does not teach this, then it is, in fact, a conspiracy.  

Many times, people come to God because they are missing something in their lives. They make a decision to get saved. After all, everyone they’ve talked to about getting saved expresses some kind of profound change within them. (Whether that is true or not is a different story.)

Common teachings today can have a dangerous effect on new believers, or old believers that have never known this profound change inside of them. As is natural, these individuals begin to ask questions. Those questions might be directed inward, or towards a mature believer. What can I do? What am I missing?

<Snip>

http://cangodhearme.com/love-god-more/

• Like 1

The way I've  learned to love God more is by taking a deeper walk into truth and seeing evil beyond what I can even imagine. 

Once one is exposed to truth (which often is pretty ugly and horrific) and experience abject evil, you will draw closer to God without any provocation. In fact, I conclude that you can't help but draw closer because the evil is so evil.

I also conclude that most Christians will never approach this type of intimacy with God because looking at truth and evil will totally change their paradigm about the cross and what Jesus actually accomplished on it. It will, in essence, change their entire life and what they think they know about anything.

At times, I want to run away from it all too so I'm no better than anyone else. :hiding:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Cinders77 said:

I also conclude that most Christians will never approach this type of intimacy with God because looking at truth and evil will totally change their paradigm about the cross and what Jesus actually accomplished on it.

I very much agree with you here.  Actually looking for myself at what the Word of God says, and seeing what Jesus Christ really accomplished for us at the cross and resurrection.... Wow, does it change your outlook on life!  

I think the biggest woe to those that choose to reject Jesus Christ will be the realization of the simplicity of it all.  They complicate it and believe that Christianity is slavery, yet when they are approached with a request to prove it, they never seem to be able to.  

Much like "lukewarm Christians" are often told what is said in the Bible, these non believers are often told why the Bible is crap.  Both sides are just as guilty of not looking for themselves.  

Don't fret in the face of evil, Cinders.  Instead stand firm in the love of God and rest easy in the following:

...If God is for us, who can ever be against us?
Romans 8:31 NLT

God Bless. 

• Like 1

I don't know that you can dial up the more part, but a connection and knowledge can be dialed up in a sense.  The rewards are infinite.

You must go in reverse....

Removing them one by one until you are nothing but silence in the moment.

Then you are truly free and in control of your own life and decisions. Then you will be able to listen.... And hear.... then emanate love!

On 30/11/2017 at 6:04 PM, Walk Softly said:

I believe the common teachings amongst the Christian leaders causes people to live in a perceptual cycle of bondage.  If you consider that the Bible does not teach this, then it is, in fact, a conspiracy.  

Many times, people come to God because they are missing something in their lives. They make a decision to get saved. After all, everyone they’ve talked to about getting saved expresses some kind of profound change within them. (Whether that is true or not is a different story.)

Common teachings today can have a dangerous effect on new believers, or old believers that have never known this profound change inside of them. As is natural, these individuals begin to ask questions. Those questions might be directed inward, or towards a mature believer. What can I do? What am I missing?

<Snip>

http://cangodhearme.com/love-god-more/

Teachings today have been 'twisted' and 'altered' to accommodate and appease today's society. Its not for me to comment on this, nor condemn or condone. We just need bare in mind Revelation 22, 18/19. See for yourself how today's church doctrine ties in with these scriptures. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.