WhiteHorse

Mars is Round

It seems I’m not the only one who likes to poke fun at the flatties. 

Snip

The Flat Earth Society seized the opportunity to enlighten Elon Musk on all things planetary when the Space X and Tesla CEO mused on Twitter; “Why is there no Flat Mars Society?”

The verified Twitter account of the Flat Earth Society was on hand to answer the billionaire’s query explaining that “Mars has been observed to be round.”

https://www.rt.com/news/411427-flat-earth-elon-musk/

The official  flat earth society is disinfo .........They trash all the serious 

flat earth researchers like Eric Dubay & Mark Sargent ......This thread is not worth reading....IMO

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scout said:

flat earth researchers like Eric Dubay & Mark Sargent ......This thread is not worth reading....IMO

Flat earth is disinfo. Tbph none of it is worth reading. But I congratulate Elon Musk, a modern pioneer of space flight, for both having a sense of humor and a sound mind. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Scout said:

Isn't that how it usually goes? Co-opt a movement, call it official and make it seems as ridiculous as possible? The M/O is played out but they keep to the book. If anything if gives more credibility to the flat earth theories, otherwise why would they be doing it.

• Like 1

:poke:

It never gets old.  :gsbrnint:

Scoffers gonna scoff, I reckon...

In all the people I've met, both on the internet and in real life, that reject the theoretical heliocentric model... Not a single one has ever been a member of the flat earth society. 

Elon Musk... 

He got the question if he thought there's some master intelligence. This was the answer: 

"I think probably not because then you have to say: Where does the master intelligence come from? So it sort of begs the question. So I think really you can explain this with the fundamental laws of physics. You know its complex phenomenon from simple elements." 

http://blog.habrador.com/2014/01/elon-musk-religion-jewish.html?m=1

He's also been quoted as saying science and religion cannot coexist.  I actually agree with him, at least on the grounds of theoretical science and religion.   After all, the theoretical science that you tout as truth says we all happened without God.  There is no way around that.  Big bang and evolution.  No God needed.  As a Christian, you are forced to disregard God's creation account to fit man's narrative.  

As a Christian, I can definitely see why it would make more sense to take this Elon guys word for it vs the biblical stance of not only the creation of the earth, but how those who had visions described the earth they saw. 

Makes perfect sense.  

Keep poking fun at those Christian flatties! 

Edited by Walk Softly
  • Like 1

The following video shows all the longest distance proofs for flat Earth such as rail guns hitting straight-line targets over a hundred miles away and the world record horizon zoom which captured mountains 275 miles away! Thousands to tens of thousands of feet of supposed curvature would make this video impossible if Earth were truly a globe. To learn more about our flat, motionless Earth, please visit:

• Like 1

I belive evolution to be a tool of the creator. One of his "days"  is just a bajillion (technical term for large unknown) years longer than one of mine. Who am I to judge God by my scale anyhow? He did it. For him it may seem he shazamed it all in a week. To us billions of years of spacetime. I got no problem with this at all.

1 minute ago, Picklesnout said:

I belive evolution to be a tool of the creator. One of his "days"  is just a bajillion (technical term for large unknown) years longer than one of mine. Who am I to judge God by my scale anyhow? He did it. For him it may seem he shazamed it all in a week. To us billions of years of spacetime. I got no problem with this at all.

Can you define how we were created in God's image as a single cell organism?  

Are you claiming Adam was a micro organism, who just so happened to also have ribs, one of which God took to make Eve?  

Is this your claim? 

Also, are the genealogies which can give us a rough timeline back to the time of Adam and Eve wrong too? 

The steps of creation, according to God's Word, are quite clear.  

Perhaps, you could explain Genesis' creation account, step by step and how that is explained by evolution and the big bang?  (Hint- God created the earth before the sun, moon and stars.)

It's nice to try and fit God's creation into the theoretical scientific narrative. It's comfortable.  I get it.  I did it for most of my life.  It's easier to fit in that way. 

But it doesn't fit without disregarding God's Word, something I am no longer personally willing to do. 

The Word of God only mentions the "planets" in one spot.  They are mentioned in Enoch too, but we'll get to that. 

The planets were called wandering stars.  That is actually where our word planet comes from.  Greek word planētēs "wanderer" (short for asteres planetai "wandering stars). 

In Jude, he talks about the dangers of false teachers and he compares them to the "wandering stars." 

They are like wild waves of the sea, churning up the foam of their shameful deeds. They are like wandering stars, doomed forever to blackest darkness.
Jude 1:13 NLT

Directly following, Jude talks about how Enoch prophesied about these people. 

Enoch, who lived in the seventh generation after Adam, prophesied about these people. He said, “Listen! The Lord is coming with countless thousands of his holy ones to execute judgment on the people of the world. He will convict every person of all the ungodly things they have done and for all the insults that ungodly sinners have spoken against him.”
Jude 1:14‭-‬15 NLT

Should we have a look at what Enoch had to say about these 7 stars? 

1 Enoch 18

13And in the columns of heaven I beheld fires, which descended without number, but neither on high, nor into the deep. Over these fountains also I perceived a place which had neither the firmament of heaven above it, nor the solid ground underneath it; neither was there water above it; nor anything on wing; but the spot was desolate.

14And there I beheld seven stars, like great blazing mountains, and like spirits entreating me.

15Then the angel said, This place, until the consummation of heaven and earth, will be the prison of the stars, and the host of heaven.

16The stars which roll over fire are those which transgressed the commandment of God before their time arrived; for they came not in their proper season. Therefore was He offended with them, and bound them, until the period of the consummation of their crimes in the secret year.

Chapter 19

1Then Uriel said, Here the angels, who cohabited with women, appointed their leaders;

2And being numerous in appearance (30)made men profane, and caused them to err; so that they sacrificed to devils as to gods. For in the great day there shall be a judgment, with which they shall be judged, until they are consumed; and their wives also shall be judged, who led astray the angels of heaven that they might salute them.

Now go read Genesis Chapter 6 where God explains the reasons He is going to flood the world.  You will see these are the fallen angels that led the world astray before the flood.  I believe God saved the last pure bloodline of His creation that hadn't been corrupted by the fallen angels seed.  Noah.  

These are the planets you so revere... God tells us what they are.  

Unless of course, we add this to the column of God's Word that we disregard?  

Edited by Walk Softly

This is a video of lookout module on the space station. You can see earth in all her God given glory. 

Edited by WhiteHorse

5 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Can you define how we were created in God's image as a single cell organism?

Nope, I would not presume to tell you how God did things.  I am just open to possibility.

Are you claiming Adam was a micro organism, who just so happened to also have ribs, one of which God took to make Eve?  

Is this your claim?  Were you there for the details? Evolution to a point and genetic manipulation after that? Got has no limits, I am good with that answer.

Also, are the genealogies which can give us a rough timeline back to the time of Adam and Eve wrong too? I have no issue with this, why are you even bringing that up? Many things evolved before "man".

The steps of creation, according to God's Word, are quite clear.  And may not contain every spec of the detail of his works.

Perhaps, you could explain Genesis' creation account, step by step and how that is explained by evolution and the big bang?  (Hint- God created the earth before the sun, moon and stars.) The seeds of His intention for the planet already present at big bang creation, separation of the waters from the waters being the first matter from plasma...again no issues for me.

It's nice to try and fit God's creation into the theoretical scientific narrative. It's comfortable.  I get it.  I did it for most of my life.  It's easier to fit in that way. 

But it doesn't fit without disregarding God's Word, something I am no longer personally willing to do. I understand that is how it is for you. It is different for me. I am happy and it all works..that bothers you? You don't need to crush my truth to defend yours. My truth is just that...Mine.

Edited by Picklesnout

6 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

I understand that is how it is for you. It is different for me. I am happy and it all works..that bothers you? You don't need to crush my truth to defend yours. My truth is just that...Mine.

That's just it.  It isn't my truth.  It is the truth as  told in the Word of God.  

What I want to believe, and what you want to believe makes zero difference to the truth of God.  Once I figured that out, I tried to 100% ground myself in the only truth we can trust.  God.  

The simple answer is that the creation account in Genesis doesn't make sense when compared to man's scientific explanation.  Whenever there is a contradiction, I default to God, not man.   

You throw your hands up and say... God must have done it the way man says it happened, only in ways I don't understand. 

I throw my hands up and say God must have done it in ways that no man can understand.  I know nothing but what He shared.   I certainly won't be trying to fit His Words into man's explanations! 

I'm not trying to crush your truth, Picklesnout.  And I'm sorry you feel that way.  

I'm simply saying that if we stand on the absolute truth from God (His Word), then the worldly explanation that science has given us doesn't make sense.  At all.  

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God. As the Scriptures say,

I will destroy the wisdom of the wise and discard the intelligence of the intelligent.

So where does this leave the philosophers, the scholars, and the world’s brilliant debaters? God has made the wisdom of this world look foolish.
1 Corinthians 1:18‭-‬20 NLT

He warned us about it.  

Again, 

Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, “He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness.” And again, “The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise; he knows they are worthless.”
1 Corinthians 3:18‭-‬20 NLT

The words from the OP are terrifying in this regard. 

"But I congratulate Elon Musk, a modern pioneer of space flight, for both having a sense of humor and a sound mind." 

Taking the side of a man, who doesn't believe in God... Over the very words of the Bible.  

Just consider it.  

Take care.  

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.