Jump to content
  • Sign Up
BubbitoBurrito

So We Get This Email That States...

Recommended Posts

That our local Police Department is going to use a building in the back of our apartment complex for training purposes. Our complex is brand new and not quite complete. There are only a few residents here thus far and that is probably why the PoPo chose this place. I'm thinking I might grab my camera and attempt to document their activities.  I'm hoping to do so without any harassment or flack from the fuzzzzzz :popcorneat:

If I get arrested I'll be sure to set up a gofundme account so y'all can assist in bailing my arse out of the pokey :hide2:

Anyway... Here is the text body of the email we received. Of course I masked some items as not to expose TMPI

Dear Residents,

Thursday 11/30/17 the XXXXXX PD will be using one of our buildings in the back for training purposes. They should not interfere with anything on property. We just simply wanted you all to be aware of this in case you spotted them throughout the day. Thank you.

XXXXXXX Management

Ought to make for an interesting day...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

That our local Police Department is going to use a building in the back of our apartment complex for training purposes. Our complex is brand new and not quite complete. There are only a few residents here thus far and that is probably why the PoPo chose this place. I'm thinking I might grab my camera and attempt to document their activities.  I'm hoping to do so without any harassment or flack from the fuzzzzzz :popcorneat:

If I get arrested I'll be sure to set up a gofundme account so y'all can assist in bailing my arse out of the pokey :hide2:

Anyway... Here is the text body of the email we received. Of course I masked some items as not to expose TMPI

Dear Residents,

Thursday 11/30/17 the XXXXXX PD will be using one of our buildings in the back for training purposes. They should not interfere with anything on property. We just simply wanted you all to be aware of this in case you spotted them throughout the day. Thank you.

XXXXXXX Management

Ought to make for an interesting day...

 

I'd be getting the hell out of there and recording from a distance... 

:frantics: As I typed that line above I heard on the tv downstairs the words..... Don't be a statistic..... :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'd be getting the hell out of there and recording from a distance... 

:frantics: As I typed that line above I heard on the tv downstairs the words..... Don't be a statistic..... :blink:

Oh sheet...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, if your County and State do not have a law against filming in public, then go film it. :nodl:
They can't stop you and if they do and you go to jail, post the Video and sue the Frak out of them.

If I was near you I would film it for you, I'm not scared, done it before here in Idaho with the local Swat team marching down the side of our road heading to a target around the block.  :grumpier:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dometheus said:

Remember, if your County and State do not have a law against filming in public, then go film it. :nodl:
They can't stop you and if they do and you go to jail, post the Video and sue the Frak out of them.

If I was near you I would film it for you, I'm not scared, done it before here in Idaho with the local Swat team marching down the side of our road heading to a target around the block.  :grumpier:

Greetings from Communist Missoula comrade!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

That our local Police Department is going to use a building in the back of our apartment complex for training purposes. Our complex is brand new and not quite complete. There are only a few residents here thus far and that is probably why the PoPo chose this place. I'm thinking I might grab my camera and attempt to document their activities.  I'm hoping to do so without any harassment or flack from the fuzzzzzz :popcorneat:

If I get arrested I'll be sure to set up a gofundme account so y'all can assist in bailing my arse out of the pokey :hide2:

Anyway... Here is the text body of the email we received. Of course I masked some items as not to expose TMPI

Dear Residents,

Thursday 11/30/17 the XXXXXX PD will be using one of our buildings in the back for training purposes. They should not interfere with anything on property. We just simply wanted you all to be aware of this in case you spotted them throughout the day. Thank you.

XXXXXXX Management

Ought to make for an interesting day...

 

Wait wait wait... You are literally on an emailing list for the police department?  Well, I suppose I am followed/follower of our local PD on twitter, so who am I to say anything? The first thought that popped into my mind was "sure was nice for them to let you know", but that's also kinda like a teenager saying "dad, don't worry about the house while you're gone for the weekend".  

EDIT: Ok I see it wasn't the PD emailing you, silly me... Still, my teenager comment stands on its own.

Edited by JimmREEE
EDIT:
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They do that here in my area too.. especially on construction sites with expensive equipment and materials stored on the property. The signs they put up look ominous and kinda creepy, they stop short of suggesting that trespassers may be shot 'accidentally' of course, but still threatening enough to keep the looters away.

Definitely worth keeping an eye on.. they get really nervous when they think they're being watched.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Just think you'll get to watch the militarization of the police up close and personal. 

:blink: Reading that made my stomach knot up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2017 at 10:28 AM, JimmREEE said:

Wait wait wait... You are literally on an emailing list for the police department?  Well, I suppose I am followed/follower of our local PD on twitter, so who am I to say anything? The first thought that popped into my mind was "sure was nice for them to let you know", but that's also kinda like a teenager saying "dad, don't worry about the house while you're gone for the weekend".  

EDIT: Ok I see it wasn't the PD emailing you, silly me... Still, my teenager comment stands on its own.

:gsbrnint:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.