John Galt

Is anything really a conspiracy anymore?

When I say this, it is quite clear that a large demographic still buys into narratives. 

As I post here lately, I can't help but think that nearly everything can be categorized as 'News and Current Events'.

What I mean here is that there is a correlation between Conspiracy, and Current Events. I see a direct trend in that we first begin with the conspiracy, and then the Current Events follows later in time once it is 'verified' enough for one to be logically certain of its accuracy. The amount of conspiracies that cannot be verified so as to be a current event is diminishing, and fast. I was curious if anyone else is noticing that, or if is simply time for me to go to bed :D

In regards to the first sentence, we can pull enough 'current events' to nearly force feed the truth into them now. It cannot hardly be denied when someone is faced with it, precisely because it is no longer 'a conspiracy'.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Does this mean I have to turn in my tin foil hat? :gsbrnint:

It just means that we now have to be a light in a world full of darkness. (Still)

So.... :banana-riding-llama-smiley-emoticon: We ride! And nothing really changes :gsbrnint:

There never was a conspiracy theory.. there were just theories and the media termed the word conspiracy theory to be derogatory to people who are trying to really think about things. Unfortunately when people really think sometimes they end up down the rabbit hole with a tin foil hat on and that makes people look at them funny.. this is an outlier though. I don't know about you guys but I am not doing that personally although Faraday cages are real.. and there are devices being worked on to read your thoughts... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry Garcia said:

There never was a conspiracy theory.. there were just theories and the media termed the word conspiracy theory to be derogatory to people who are trying to really think about things. Unfortunately when people really think sometimes they end up down the rabbit hole with a tin foil hat on and that makes people look at them funny.. this is an outlier though. I don't know about you guys but I am not doing that personally although Faraday cages are real.. and there are devices being worked on to read your thoughts... 

There are some.. That remain theories and always will as not everything is real. There are however a large amount of things that are a fact but not widely known or accepted :D

3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

There are some.. That remain theories and always will as not everything is real. There are however a large amount of things that are a fact but not widely known or accepted :D

a fact in science world is just something that when the conditions are present and controlled for the experiment the results happen 95% of the time. 

A conspiracy theory is saying people are plotting against you.. well aren't they? Isn't that the basis of a capitalistic government to get people to buy your goods and services.. with advertisements and propaganda and in the past with seemingly more deviant methods and for their own good.. not always a symbiosis. If you want to call that a conspiracy and not just a regular theory ok with me but then we are basically all conspiracy theorists in this planet because no one knows what anyone is thinking. 

The point is that the media took the term and spun it to mean people that think this way are also paranoid and anxious as well and it's not a desirable state to be in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

critical thinkers are a very small group of people 

Yes, but I believe the group is gaining traction. Will it make a difference ? We can only hope!

1 minute ago, Ric278 said:

Yes, but I believe the group is gaining traction. Will it make a difference ? We can only hope!

I guess if one mind is awoken 

it's worth the sacrifice 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I guess if one mind is awoken 

it's worth the sacrifice 

If one mind is woken. They will wake others. It's like a room of people waking up. Eventually they wake up everyone else with the ruckus.

"Question authority"   we've been lied to so many times by the government and media over the last 60 years, people are really starting to question anything that's fed to them. 

After 9112001, the conspiracy theorists trend has really taken off and sadly, its gotten so bad that  we no longer believe what it said to be true, even when it's factual.

Just now, Rob said:

"Question authority"   we've been lied to so many times by the government and media over the last 60 years, people are really starting to question anything that's fed to them. 

After 9112001, the conspiracy theorists trend has really taken off and sadly, its gotten so bad that  we no longer believe what it said to be true, even when it's factual.

That isn't sad that people don't believe truth even when factual that's a good thing. Facts are really silly things anyways. People need to start looking deeper and they are.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.