John Galt

CONTRABAND WOMEN -- A special report; Traffickers' New Cargo: Naive Slavic Women

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/01/11/world/contraband-women-a-special-report-traffickers-new-cargo-naive-slavic-women.html

She was 21, self-assured and glad to be out of Ukraine. Israel offered a new world, and for a week or two everything seemed possible. Then, one morning, she was driven to a brothel, where her boss burned her passport before her eyes.

''I own you,'' she recalled his saying. ''You are my property and you will work until you earn your way out. Don't try to leave. You have no papers and you don't speak Hebrew. You will be arrested and deported. Then we will get you and bring you back.''

It happens every single day. Not just in Israel, which has deported nearly 1,500 Russian and Ukrainian women like Irina in the past three years.

Many end up like Irina. Stunned and outraged by the sudden order to prostitute herself, she simply refused. She was beaten and raped before she succumbed. Finally she got a break. The brothel was raided and she was brought here to Neve Tirtsa in Ramle, the only women's prison in Israel. Now, like hundreds of Ukrainian and Russian women with no documents or obvious forgeries, she is waiting to be sent home.

''I don't think the man who ruined my life will even be fined,'' she said softly, slow tears filling her enormous green eyes. ''You can call me a fool for coming here. That's my crime. I am stupid. A stupid girl from a little village. But can people really buy and sell women and get away with it? Sometimes I sit here and ask myself if that really happened to me, if it can really happen at all.''

Then, waving her arm toward the muddy prison yard, where Russian is spoken more commonly than Hebrew, she whispered one last thought: ''I'm not the only one, you know. They have ruined us all.'

Israel is a fairly typical destination. Prostitution is not illegal here, although brothels are, and with 250,000 foreign male workers -- most of whom are single or here without their wives -- the demand is great. Police officials estimate that there are 25,000 paid sexual transactions every day. Brothels are ubiquitous.

Few ever testify. Those who do risk death. Last year in Istanbul, Turkey, according to Ukrainian police investigators, two women were thrown to their deaths from a balcony while six of their Russian friends watched.

In Serbia, also last year, said a young Ukrainian woman who escaped in October, a woman who refused to work as a prostitute was beheaded in public.

In Milan a week before Christmas, the police broke up a ring that was holding auctions in which women abducted from the countries of the former Soviet Union were put on blocks, partially naked, and sold at an average price of just under $1,000.

''This is happening wherever you look now,'' said Michael Platzer, the Vienna-based head of operations for the United Nations' Center for International Crime Prevention. ''The mafia is not stupid. There is less law enforcement since the Soviet Union fell apart and more freedom of movement. 

Reading these things makes me sick, this world needs a real change 

0h ok. I was like "israel importing russian for whores and treating them not as good as they are supposed to treat slaves has been going on a few years now. I thought they were saying its new. It ain't. Russians and us are damned animals to work as beasts of burden and support them. Thier women can't be whores and they can pretty much just rape them anyway. Our dumb mule beast women can be for whores. 

Edited by Curenado
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Curenado said:

0h ok. I was like "israel importing russian for whores and treating them not as good as they are supposed to treat slaves has been going on a few years now. I thought they were saying its new. It ain't. Russians and us are damned animals to work as beasts of burden and support them. Thier women can't be whores and they can pretty much just rape them anyway.

Yep.

I don't see any heroes on the world stage.

We are being sold out everywhere. I posted this to show a bit of what is allowed even today in/with Russia, too. 

If feminists gave a real shit about women they would fund raise from powerful CEO women across the globe and buy these women's freedoms and re unite them with their families....that's if they gave a shit

• Like 3

Just now, Oregonian said:

If feminists gave a real shit about women they would fund raise from powerful CEO women across the globe and buy these women's freedoms and re unite them with their families....that's if they gave a shit

Giving power to the same institutions that are propagating these issues is what is insane to me. Those at the top literally want to rape us all in every way possible. It's quite clear none of them give a shit beyond their own selfish interests.

3 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Yep.

I don't see any heroes on the world stage.

We are being sold out everywhere. I posted this to show a bit of what is allowed even today in/with Russia, too. 

Ha! Its so unconscionably heinous, the news is upping the slave market!

Libya after qadafi killed and moz brohood installed - slaves $200. That is right. ENTER the media "They sellin slaves for $400!".....what? The media just advertised the libya market at DOUBLE market rates. Bad enough? NO! The very next bleeding arse article decries how people are only worth $600. !?!?! So, the simple FACT is that the euro-american media TRIPELED the market base on slaves in-one-week. 

Sat - slave 200

Monday, other countries know! NO! Slaves $400!! $400!

By friday - "oh how can we sell these people for a mere $600?"

Check it. Recent and OBVIOUS marketing

2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

It’s a horrible dark world 

for this reason Judgment is coming 

everyone will be crying 

When we are finished crying, we will then be able to breathe again..

• Like 1

As sick as it is this has been going on forever .This is not new the world had always been sick

4 minutes ago, Sagd said:

As sick as it is this has been going on forever .This is not new the world had always been sick

Yet we keep believing in those who perpetuate it.

This is the issue I see.

Falling for this illusion

3 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Yet we keep believing in those who perpetuate it.

This is the issue I see.

Falling for this illusion

What criminals I don't believe in them 

Just now, Sagd said:

What criminals I don't believe in them 

When I say we, I just mean the general consciousness.

Its been a long night, forgive me :gsbrnint:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.