Redlistvet

Surplus sale. M1, 1911's

Now if he would only sell all that surplus ammo too.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-to-permit-citizens-to-buy-army-surplus-pistols-for-cheap/

President Trump will sign the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which contains an amendment that allows U.S. citizens to purchase the popular 1911 pistols from the U.S. Army.

It currently costs the U.S. military about $2 a day to store one pistol, with an estimated 100,000 1911s being stored, according to the International Business Times,

Selling the .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the public will recoup the $200,000 expenditure by the military, and possibly even profit from it.

The pistol was invented in 1911 and is a semiautomatic weapon that became popular during World War One.

As Breitbart’s AWR Hawkins reports, “the 1911 is one of the most popular handguns ever developed. It is valued for military use, home defense, self-defense, and concealed carry. Although the military’s 1911s were made by Colt, citizens have long been purchasing civilian models from Colt as well. These range from the basic government model to 1911s with finely tuned triggers and target barrels that allow for incredible accuracy in competitive shooting.”

Edited by Cinnamon
Text from Article Added

1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

$200,000 a day to store pistols? What  are they doing anyway? That's 60 a month to store one gun. Ridiculous. 

Sounds crazy right??

Well the "actual" money is moved around to other shall we say, "areas."

But really just ones and zeros to them anyway, so.......

Keep your wallet out boy's and girl's.

We have the best govt. that money can buy.

Well, how much does electricity and maintenance of a climate controlled warehouse capable of storing surplus firearms run? Add to that, it would need to be a secure facility to keep all of those nice vintage guns from wandering off.. So, you can factor in salaries for security, building maintenance, firearm maintenance/inspection, liasons to release the firearms around,  etc, etc. Really that seems a reasonable number considering how the US government is known to overspend.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Buy 3 if you want a working one.

21 minutes ago, The deplorable one said:

As long you have the frame and action. You can get parts anywhere for a gov 1911!

You're both missing the point. Granted, the going price of those currently on the market will drop. But personally, I'd love to own a 1911A1 (with the arched mainspring housing and short trigger) marked Remington Rand (typewriters) or Singer (sewing machines).

Besides, as @Groove and a few others know, the buyer has one extra hoop to jump through. You won't just go into your LGS to purchase one. You'll have to compete in a CMP-sanctioned shooting competition to be eligible to buy. Not a matter of win, place, or show. Just compete.

President Trump will sign the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) which contains an amendment that allows U.S. citizens to purchase the popular 1911 pistols from the U.S. Army.

It currently costs the U.S. military about $2 a day to store one pistol, with an estimated 100,000 1911s being stored, according to the International Business Times, Selling the .45 ACP M1911A1 pistols to the public will recoup the $200,000 expenditure by the military, and possibly even profit from it.

The pistol was invented in 1911 and is a semiautomatic weapon that became popular during World War One.

https://www.infowars.com/trump-to-permit-citizens-to-buy-army-surplus-pistols-for-cheap/

Can't complain at this.... But I ask... Why does he want lots of people armed. That's the underlying point of this..... I mean it's a good thing and all. But it feels wrong....

49 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Can't complain at this.... But I ask... Why does he want lots of people armed. That's the underlying point of this..... I mean it's a good thing and all. But it feels wrong....

The numbers are a drop in the bucket compared to what's already out there. And like I said, the manner in which they'll be obtained is to promote civilian marksmanship.

Call it sentimental, but there's also the fact that these are historical pieces. The 1911 is the standard by which all other pistols in the world are judged.

29 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

The 1911 is the standard by which all other pistols in the world are judged.

And they just look awesome.  In all of their variations.

• Like 1

Done once before under obama. But as much as I would like a colt 1911,( one that wasn't beat up by some dummy private)  I rather keep .gov out of my business  

https://ghostgunner.net/

Just mill the receivers yourself 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.