Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Water level drops and 400-year-old church emerges

Rate this topic

Cinnamon    14,376

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/10/19/water-level-drops-and-400-year-old-church-emerges.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Huh, this wasn't there last year—a 16th-century church emerging from the waters of a Mexican reservoir. But it actually makes sense, because drought has caused the water level to fall 82 feet in the Nezahualcoyotl reservoir, revealing a church that was flooded during construction of a dam nearly 40 years ago, the APreports.

Known as the Temple of Santiago, the building is about half-way visible in the watershed to the Grijalva river. This isn't the first time the church has resurfaced: In fact, the water level got so low in 2002 that people could actually walk inside: "The people celebrated. They came to eat, to hang out, to do business. I sold them fried fish," says a fisherman who's now offering Temple of Santiago boat tours.

<snip>

Tude    26

That's pretty cool.  Would love to get in there and do some urban explore - however not cool that the reservoir is very low on water.

I like really old things Cinnamon.

Far more than I do new stuff of present.

Do not actually know why.

Just do.

The more I view church photo the more impressed I become.

Thanks again for image with background.

SK

:akomjiis: