Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Breaking | Officials Warn 40,000 Could Die As Britain Hit With 3-Week-Long Arctic Cold

Ukshep    19,871

I just awoke to a blizzard, Never seen snow so chunky! This could get annoying for me.... Might as well just make another igloo like I did last time :p (Never lose your child-like mentality. The moment you do. You are dead inside!)

Britain is facing a three-week long arctic chill that will see temperatures plummet and significant snowfall, according to health officials, who are warning that residents should be prepared for the imminent threat to human health. 40,000 could die from the cold.

Temperatures in Britain are expected to go as low degrees Celcius or 10 degrees Fahrenheit over the next three weeks and extremely heavy snowfall is expected in Essex and London.

Health chiefs have now issued a warning ahead of the prolonged cold spell, calling on the public to check on those who may be at risk.

Britain risks a re-run of some of December’s 2010’s mayhem. This cold spell also forecasts snow and ice, meaning some roads will be impassable, trains will be halted, planes will be risking cancellations, and football matches could be called off because of frozen fields. December shivers nudging -12 Celsius (even in the South) were forecast by The Weather Company and The Weather Outlook.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-27/health-officials-warn-40000-could-die-britain-hit-3-week-long-arctic-cold

Additionally... 2017 minus 3 1/2 and 3 1/2 and that is 2010... Which is one 7 year cycle...since the last snowstorm that caused problems.....

• Sad 1

Ukshep    19,871
Just now, ldld911 said:

Why 40,000, if that was for Haiti I wouldn't question that number.

Guesstimate I imagine! They track cold weather statistics here as we have a lot of elderly who die during these periods of cold :( Some homeless. Some can't afford heating...Just as well the gov pays cold weather subsidies to them.. Not like it helps...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Ukshep    19,871
12 minutes ago, TinfoilTopHat said:

What is the significance of 3 1/2...?

3 and a half year, Duality periods within 7 year plays! Not major. Just interesting!

2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

:p (Never lose your child-like mentality. The moment you do. You are dead inside!)

:nodl:

Stay safe & warm our UK brethren 

• Like 2

Anne    253
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I just awoke to a blizzard, Never seen snow so chunky! This could get annoying for me.... Might as well just make another igloo like I did last time :p (Never lose your child-like mentality. The moment you do. You are dead inside!)

Always sad to hear the elderly and homeless are the first to go................:cry1:

• Like 1

Ukshep    19,871
8 minutes ago, Anne said:

Always sad to hear the elderly and homeless are the first to go................:cry1:

I know. It's horrible. People used to really care about the older generation. Now they get left to struggle or sent to a retirement home... Sucks really!

• Sad 1

Sagd    250
23 minutes ago, TheToolman said:

It might send all the immigrants back

No they stay were testament to that :pouty-smiley-emoticon: