Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

Senators consider automatic tax hikes if revenue falls short

Cinnamon    23,078

What!? To hell with these dictators! So, if this slithers through, you won't ever know what your taxes are going to cost you. :angry: :angry:  :angry:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate Republicans are considering a trigger that would automatically increase taxes if their sweeping legislation fails to generate as much revenue as they expect. It's an effort to mollify deficit hawks who worry that tax cuts for businesses and individuals will add to the nation's already mounting debt.

The effort comes as a second Republican senator, Steve Daines of Montana, announced Monday that he opposes the tax bill in its current form. Previously, Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., said he opposed the bill, leaving Senate Republicans no room for error as they hope to vote on the bill this week.

Both senators complained that the tax bill favors large corporations over small businesses. Republicans have only two votes to spare in the Senate, where they hold a 52-48 edge and anticipate Vice President Mike Pence breaking a tie.

At the White House, President Donald Trump maintained that the bill would help all Americans.

<snip>

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-signals-openness-changes-gop-152854378.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jdubjacks    31

I'm pretty sure revolutions were started over less than this non-sense.  Something, something...tea in a harbor.  I'm hoping the planet lets all hell break loose before these jack wagons have a chance at pulling this garbage off.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

abigfatzero    2,448

Here's a novel idea, how about they cut spending.......

Especially money set to terrorist regimes (Israel cough cough) in the middle east.

• Like 2

who knows    440
15 minutes ago, abigfatzero said:

Here's a novel idea, how about they cut spending.......

Especially money set to terrorist regimes (Israel cough cough) in the middle east.

Yep I say we cut their hours and pay. 

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,078
1 minute ago, who knows said:

Yep I say we cut their hours and pay. 

Down to one hour a week and minimum wage. They pay all the rest of their expenses. If they want to "serve" they won't mind at all. 

who knows    440
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Down to one hour a week and minimum wage. They pay all the rest of their expenses. If they want to "serve" they won't mind at all. 

We could also go for their retirements :club: 

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,078
Just now, who knows said:

We could also go for their retirements :club: 

They should not get any retirements either. Or healthcare since less than 30 hours a week is parttime and employers are not required to provide healthcare. 

• Like 2

who knows    440
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

They should not get any retirements either. Or healthcare since less than 30 hours a week is parttime and employers are not required to provide healthcare. 

I'm in! Few of them their have done more than photo ops and f**king around. 

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,078
Just now, God Man said:

They must think we the people are stupid.  :angry:

No, they just know that there's not a freaking thing we can do to stop them. 

coco    488
5 hours ago, jdubjacks said:

I'm pretty sure revolutions were started over less than this non-sense.  Something, something...tea in a harbor.  I'm hoping the planet lets all hell break loose before these jack wagons have a chance at pulling this garbage off.   

If I remember right it was somewhere in the range of 1% of those tea-peoples annual income. :cofeefag: