Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
CGK

Amazon Founder Jeff Bezos’s Net Worth Just Broke $100 Billion

CGK    2,628

What the hell? 100 billion dollars? Can anyone seriously wrap their heads around how much 100 Billion dollars is? And what do you do with 100 Billion dollars? Buy a country? Oh wait, he might already own America since everyone shops Amazon .com...LOL

Jeff Bezos is the world’s newest $100 billion mogul.

The Amazon.com Inc. founder’s fortune is up $2.4 billion to $100.3 billion, as the online retailer’s shares jumped more than 2 percent on optimism for Black Friday sales. Online purchases for the day are up 18.4 percent over last year, according to data from Adobe Analytics, and investors are betting the company will take an outsized share of online spending over the gifting season.

<snip>

As Bezos’s wealth flirts with new heights, there’s likely to be more questions about what he intends to do with it. Unlike Gates, who was the world’s richest person until Bezos passed him in October, or U.S. investor Warren Buffett, the world’s third-richest person with $78.9 billion, Bezos has given relatively little of his fortune to charity.

More: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-11-24/jeff-bezos-fortune-hits-100-billion-on-black-friday-stock-surge

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RhetoricalRebel    1,631

$100 billion is just not enough, which is why he's replacing under paid warehouse employees with robots and UPS workers with delivery drones.

I wonder who's going to buy the products when everybody is unemployed?

• Like 1

CGK    2,628

What sort of tax is paid on 100 billion? Like 32 percent?  Oh that's right, billionaires don't pay taxes. Everything is a write off. LOL

That is just an insane amount of money.

RhetoricalRebel    1,631
2 minutes ago, CGK said:

What sort of tax is paid on 100 billion? Like 32 percent?  Oh that's right, billionaires don't pay taxes. Everything is a write off. LOL

That is just an insane amount of money.

CEOs are paid mostly in stock options to circumvent the income tax system. They only pay capitol gains when they cash them. Usually they inflate the stock before hand, so effectively they pay nothing at. all. Plus since amazon is international, I would bet He's got lots of offshore accounts which is completely off the IRS RADAR.

TheOldMan    2,564
35 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

$100 billion is just not enough, which is why he's replacing under paid warehouse employees with robots and UPS workers with delivery drones.

I wonder who's going to buy the products when everybody is unemployed?

I guess that's the 100 billion dollar question...

• Like 1

God Man    677

This is an insane amount of money.  It is hard to really put it into perspective.

He spent a lot of time with his grandfather growing up who was a high level official with Darpa and during the time which Darpa  was involved with coming up with the idea for the internet and developing the groundwork.

He is a millionaire 100 thousand times over.  He has earned over 2 million dollars an hour averaged over his working adult life.

He would have to spend 18 million dollars a day for the next 50 years in order to spend it all if doesn't make another cent.

TheToolman    765

I've said in the past, Bozo and Gates could solve homelessness in the U.S. but they don't.  They would rather give injections to African kids.

The one thing I do like that Bozo does is his rocket company.  I bet he ends up on the moon or in his own personal space station.

God Man    677

The idiocracy of it all is that Amazon in business since 1994 has not generated an overall profit of even one cent over all those years.  Although they have had a few profitable years, they still have not covered the losses.  Despite never making a profit he is worth 100 Billion dollars.   The company's stock today is valued at 572 Billion dollars and has not generated an overall profit yet.  And people say crypto currency is a scam...

https://ycharts.com/companies/AMZN/enterprise_value

• Like 1

Dr. Evil    1,662
4 hours ago, CGK said:

Unlike Gates, who was the world’s richest person until Bezos passed him in October, or U.S. investor Warren Buffett, the world’s third-richest person with $78.9 billion, Bezos has given relatively little of his fortune to charity.

None of these a-holes give it to charity they give it to a company that they control which the authorities accept is a "charity" because the people who control the authorities tell them to do that.

But it's not true.

Which means they're guilty of what Capone was, except the authorities won't prosecute. 

Edited by Dr. Evil
  • Like 1