Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Tree's are the perfect example!

Ukshep    20,169

You grow upwards into the sky, Happy that you can breath the good air. Nature batters you with her beauty and events test you but after all is said and done there is only one thing that really matters.

And that's how well you look once autumn hits and the leaves fall off, Are you a healthy tree. Tree's are cold. Brittle. Hardened. At the mercy of mother nature and with a lifetime exposed to the harsh reality of existence. And yet they stand firm. Rooted deep.....

Tree's are interesting. Sometimes I wish I was a tree. But I am not a tree. But one day I will nourish such a wonderful tree. And that shall be my contribution.

:Okay-Face-Meme-PNG-180x180:

• Like 3

CGK    2,626

And then comes Christmas where people cut down trees, drag them into their house to let them die and throw them in the trash a month later.

Sucks to be a tree at Christmas! LOL

Ukshep    20,169
1 minute ago, CGK said:

And then comes Christmas where people cut down trees, drag them into their house to let them die and throw them in the trash a month later.

Sucks to be a tree at Christmas! LOL

Oh ugh.... ok... too smart...cgk...

• Haha 1

CGK    2,626

Since the day after Thanksgiving every store around here has Christmas trees lined up in the parking lots.  I just want to scream..."Leave the trees in the forest where they belong!" If you want to smell pine..Take a walk in the woods!

Whats wrong with people? And who decided that it was a good idea to cut down trees to honor the birth of Christ? That's the dumbest idea ever. Lets kill things to honor Jesus. Whatever...

Just buy a fake tree and some pine incense and leave the real trees alone. The planet needs them if we want to survive.

• Like 2

Dometheus    342
19 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

You grow upwards into the sky, Happy that you can breath the good air. Nature batters you with her beauty and events test you but after all is said and done there is only one thing that really matters.

And that's how well you look once autumn hits and the leaves fall off, Are you a healthy tree. Tree's are cold. Brittle. Hardened. At the mercy of mother nature and with a lifetime exposed to the harsh reality of existence. And yet they stand firm. Rooted deep.....

Tree's are interesting. Sometimes I wish I was a tree. But I am not a tree. But one day I will nourish such a wonderful tree. And that shall be my contribution.

A Mighty Oak Tree was once a Nut that held it's ground!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zireael    206
22 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Tree's are cold. Brittle. Hardened. At the mercy of mother nature and with a lifetime exposed to the harsh reality of existence. And yet they stand firm. Rooted deep.....

They play their role in the universal dance.

I'm sure that if we could communicate with a tree it would be very pleased to tell a story full of wisdom. Well... We can, just not in the way that you are accustomed to. It is all done subconsciously and at all times, you just forgot how to listen! 

It is also known that trees and plants physically communicate over hundreds if not thousands of miles and arrange themselves almost like cities.

Yes, the world of plants is indeed a fascinating one.

• Like 2

Lucy Barnable    5,036
32 minutes ago, CGK said:

And who decided that it was a good idea to cut down trees to honor the birth of Christ?

The Catholic Church.

What is the origin of the Christmas tree?
http://catholicstraightanswers.com/what-is-the-origin-of-the-christmas-tree/

That's not the story I know though. The German people had a tradition of collecting pine branch and and forming large balls out of them. On winter solstice they would drag them up the mountain sides, light them on fire and let them roll down into the village. Sometimes houses caught on fire but they didn't care, it was fun and cool to watch. The church did care however. They didn't want their temple burned down so they convinced the people to cut trees, bring them in the house and decorate them with candles instead. That's what I was told anyway. lol

• Like 2

periclymenoides    1,384

Reminded me of the sequel to Ender's Game...Speaker for the Dead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_for_the_Dead

"Ender reveals to the colony what he discovered that Pipo had learned: that every life form on Lusitania is paired with another through the Descolada virus, so that the death of one births the other, and in the case of the piggies(native species on Lusitania), they become trees when they die."

"The piggy  wives help Ender to corroborate the complex life cycle of the piggies, affirming that the death ritual Pipo observed was to help create "fathertrees" who fertilize the piggy females to continue their race. The piggies believed they were honoring Pipo, and later Libo, by helping them become fathertrees, but Ender explains that humans lack this "third life", and if the piggies are to co-habitate with humans, they must respect this difference. To affirm their understanding, Human allows Ender to perform the ritual of "killing" him to take him into his "third life" as a fathertree, providing Ouanda with the confirmation needed to present to Congress."

This concept of reincarnation/ life cycles still has my mind blown after 20 years of thinking about it.

• Like 1

Seeker22    303
13 hours ago, Ukshep said:

But you are a tree! The Norse tell it this way:

Humans were created after the death of Ymir. Odin, Ve and Vili were walking on the beach when they found two logs, one from the Elm tree and another from the Ash tree. Odin gave the logs life and spirit. Vili gave them a speech, shape, five senses, and feelings. Ve gave them intelligence, mind, and movement. They were named Ask and Embla, and the gods decided that humans should live in the land called Midgard. The gods erected a fence around the land to protect them against the giants.

http://honortheroots.com/norse-creation-myth/

“The Germans do not think it in keeping with the divine majesty to confine gods within walls or to portray them in the likeness of any human countenance. Their holy places are woods and groves, and they apply the names of deities to that hidden presence which is seen only by the eye of reverence.”       -Tacitus

http://honortheroots.com/history-of-the-berserkers/

The entire Norse creation myth from the Eddas is here:

http://www.hurstwic.org/history/articles/mythology/myths/text/creation.htm

Edited by Seeker22
  • Like 2