Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

Looks like companies are moving out of Portland

Cinnamon    22,805

Companies sour on ‘progressive’ city amid death threats, homelessness, rampant crime

Columbia Sportswear may close Portland office over death threats, public defecation by homeless people

Columbia Sportswear may be the next business to flee downtown Portland after a series of frightening encounters with the city's homeless population, including car break-ins, human waste dumped by the office's front door and threats to its employees.

In an op-ed piece published earlier this month by The Oregonian, Columbia Sportswear President and CEO Tim Boyle said he is concerned he made a mistake when he opened a headquarters for the company’s Sorel footwear brand downtown, calling the situation "outrageous and unacceptable."

"In fact, I am so concerned about the safety of our employees at the Sorel headquarters that we are taking the next 90 days to re-evaluate our location decision," Boyle wrote.

Since moving the 50 employees downtown, workers immediately reported being harassed and threatened by homeless individuals near the new offices.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/27/columbia-sportswear-may-close-downtown-portland-office-over-threats-public-defecation-by-homeless-people.html

How many homeless in Portland? Are they in competition with L.A. and San Diego? 

• Like 2

CGK    2,622

They are probably just bailing out of the area before the Cascadia Subduction Zone unleashes its full fury. And its long over due!

The Cascadia Subduction Zone off the coast of the Pacific Northwest has all the ingredients for making powerful earthquakes—and according to the geological record, the region is due for its next "big one."

More: https://phys.org/news/2017-11-seafloor-sediments-earthquake-tsunami-danger.html

Lucy Barnable    4,985
30 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

How many homeless in Portland? Are they in competition with L.A. and San Diego? 

Lots! Several years ago the uber-liberal government passed a law that forces all landlords to accept section 8. Rent price were already high but that forced them up even more because the property owners have to recover from all the damages caused by the mooches. Plus it's a sanctuary city so it's filled with illegals who have a lot of kids so they go to the top of the government paid housing line.

Portland's homeless population jumps nearly 10 percent, new count shows

The homeless population in Multnomah County increased nearly 10 percent in the last two years: There are now at least 4,177 people without permanent homes on any given night in Portland, the latest survey shows.

Homeless advocates and city and county leaders have warned that, despite more money and attention to the problem, the housing crisis is still forcing many people onto the streets.
-----
-- Portland's overall numbers parallel those in cities with similar housing trends (rising rents, lack of low-income or affordable housing, low vacancy rates) and social service disparities (lack of employment opportunities, affordable health, mental health and addiction care).

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2017/06/portlands_homeless_population.html

• Like 3

Lucy Barnable    4,985

Owner closing downtown jewelry store due to homeless

A popular downtown Portland jeweler is closing its doors and the owner is pinning the blame on the homeless.

“It’s really hard,” said Judith Arnell of Judith Arnell Jewelers. “It’s really sad.”

Arnell says if it is not the constant panhandling by the homeless, she and her customers are frightened by the urination or defecation outside the store.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/owner-closing-downtown-jewelry-store-due-to-homeless/492253670

• Like 2

TheOldMan    2,396

Hope and Change 

it was the disaster that never stopped giving 

Merry Christmas to all...

• Haha 1

TheOldMan    2,396

I went to one of my old hotels today, all closed down in a middle of a business district 

can't sell one room...

TheOldMan    2,396
11 hours ago, apache54 said:

happens when ever Libtards take over city management!!

Commies leave you broke and penniless 

thats the deal 

History never lies...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ric278    275
13 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

(lack of employment opportunities, affordable health, mental health and addiction care).

And a huge meth problem to boot !

• Like 2

hunter    77

Last time I was in downtown Portland some homeless smoked meth right in front of me and my friends, as well as a bunch of cops. They did nothing. This was the middle of the day in a park on the river. Kids playing around and picnics and stuff. I hate Portland. 

• Like 1

who knows    414
16 minutes ago, Ric278 said:

And a huge meth problem to boot !

heroin has been a problem there for many years.

• Like 1

TheOldMan    2,396
19 minutes ago, hunter said:

Last time I was in downtown Portland some homeless smoked meth right in front of me and my friends, as well as a bunch of cops. They did nothing. This was the middle of the day in a park on the river. Kids playing around and picnics and stuff. I hate Portland. 

The new norm