Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
DarkKnightNomeD

Amazon Warehouse of Hell Robots Replace Exhausted Humans

DarkKnightNomeD    2,056

Check this story out, and pics.

Drudge headline btw. haha

~

WAREHOUSE OF HORRORS 

Life in Amazon warehouse ‘revealed with timed toilet breaks and workers sleeping on their feet’

Staff reportedly face targets of processing 300 packages an hour during the exhausting work day

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5004230/amazon-warehouse-working-conditions/

-

AMAZON employees are exposed to such gruelling working conditions, they fall asleep on their feet, it has been claimed.

Bone-weary workers reportedly have just nine seconds to process a package during the long-hours at the online store warehouse, with a Mirror investigation claiming employees are suffering panic attacks as they struggle to keep up with demand.

According to the news outlet, one worker even had to be taken to hospital by an ambulance when they collapsed on the job.

Others simply slumped asleep where they stood, exhausted from the physically demanding job that sees them walking at least 10 miles a day.

Amazon has insisted that it provides a "safe and positive workplace", but according to the Mirror, a whiteboard of staff comments was full to the brim of complaints.

One staff member asked bosses: "Why are we not allowed to sit when it is quiet and not busy? We are human beings, not slaves and animals."

• Like 1

I'm not defending Amazon in any way here, but, those people are probably working swing shifts and are not getting rest during off times. I used to work for a large manufacturer and worked some night shifts. 80 percent of the people would stay up all day then come to work to sleep. They wanted to make me shift manager, I turned it down because there would have been a skeleton crew had I taken the position.

AztlanRising    502

"HELL ROBOTS REPLACE EXHAUSTED HUMANS"

I didn't see any HELL ROBOTS mentioned in your listed thesun dot co article... What's up with the bad casting of robots? Can't you see robots are cüte, just like how H🌀LLYW🌀🌀D portrays them?? Take for example this heartwarming family drama called R🌀B🌀T & FRANK, where the AI-bot actually helped a retiree overcome sluggishness and dementia by helping him stay on a strict diet and daily routine....... and check out the über-cüte real-life R🌀B🌀TS they put in the end-credits!! 

[~1.5 minutes] ;):alien::p

Edited by AztlanRising

AztlanRising    502
14 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

Can't you see robots are cüte, just like how H🌀LLYW🌀🌀D portrays them?? Take for example this heartwarming family drama called R🌀B🌀T & FRANK, where the AI-bot actually helped a retiree overcome sluggishness and dementia by helping him stay on a strict diet and daily routine.......

[2 mins] See?? Süpah-heart-warmingly-cüte!! :D:alien:;)

AztlanRising    502
35 minutes ago, GT500 said:

just did a thread about these evil robots

[1 min where queued up] Remember, Amazon / Google / Alphabet / Genisys is SKYNET :hiding::nukeanimated::scary:

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,216

I prefer human workers... Robots are emotionless... Once they can kill! Oh boy!

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,144

Staff are expected to pack 300 items an hour

I don't believe that. If they have to run all over the warehouse collecting items, there's no way that's even possible. 5 items packed every minute. 

• Like 2

Sky Cat    1,535

Way too many Luddites around these days. :sigh:

Edited by Sky Cat
typo

Ukshep    20,216
17 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Staff are expected to pack 300 items an hour

I don't believe that. If they have to run all over the warehouse collecting items, there's no way that's even possible. 5 items packed every minute. 

Yeah but robots?