Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Hallucination Machine Uses Google AI, Gives Magic Mushroom-Like ‘Trip’ Without Drugs

Ukshep    20,171

The potential of Virtual Reality (VR) technology paired with Artificial Intelligence (AI) is endless. This technology that could alter your reality and also learn from your responses and surroundings to create a customized world that morphs as it progresses, make possibilities seem endless.

Now, researchers have taken this to experience the realm of hallucinations, without drugs. Using Google AI and a virtual reality headset, scientists have built a device they have named the Hallucination Machine. This machine can cause a user to "trip" like on drugs, but without using potentially harmful drugs.

Hallucinations and hallucinogens have always held the fascination of scientists and the adventurous. In fact, LSD was the result of a science experiment. Scientists, looking to study the brain processes involved during hallucinations and understanding the altered perception that we experience when we "trip," developed hallucinogens over years to try and understand how the brain processes what we’re perceiving, and how that might differ between reality and hallucinations.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hallucination-machine-uses-google-ai-gives-magic-mushroom-trip-without-drugs-2619945

Video at the linkie... Seems a step too far for me..... I don't like where they are leading us! I am a Human Being. Not a Human Machine. Technically that is incorrect. But we're speaking in terms of what matters here!

:tommy_lee_jones:

Anne    263
6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The potential of Virtual Reality (VR) technology paired with Artificial Intelligence (AI) is endless. This technology that could alter your reality and also learn from your responses and surroundings to create a customized world that morphs as it progresses, make possibilities seem endless.

Now, researchers have taken this to experience the realm of hallucinations, without drugs. Using Google AI and a virtual reality headset, scientists have built a device they have named the Hallucination Machine. This machine can cause a user to "trip" like on drugs, but without using potentially harmful drugs.

Hallucinations and hallucinogens have always held the fascination of scientists and the adventurous. In fact, LSD was the result of a science experiment. Scientists, looking to study the brain processes involved during hallucinations and understanding the altered perception that we experience when we "trip," developed hallucinogens over years to try and understand how the brain processes what we’re perceiving, and how that might differ between reality and hallucinations.

http://www.ibtimes.com/hallucination-machine-uses-google-ai-gives-magic-mushroom-trip-without-drugs-2619945

Video at the linkie... Seems a step too far for me..... I don't like where they are leading us! I am a Human Being. Not a Human Machine. Technically that is incorrect. But we're speaking in terms of what matters here!

:tommy_lee_jones:

:iagree:

Sarge    56

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

.. I don't like where they are leading us! I am a Human Being. Not a Human Machine.

So right after clicking on this post nature called and I had to go do some*paper work* in the bathroom.  It's pretty much clockwork with me..... after a few cups of coffee.  Anyway, I have a routine of taking a bible with me.  So I sit down and just randomly open it up to Ecclesiastes chapter 7 and my eyes were drawn to the last verse...

29 Behold, I have found only this, that God made men upright, but they have sought out many devices.”

• Like 4

Cinnamon    23,078

"Overall, the Hallucination Machine provides a powerful new tool to complement the resurgence of research into altered states of consciousness," conclude the researchers in the study.

For what purpose?  ^^^^^^ 

At least with a drug it wears off after awhile. What if you got stuck in a perpetual loop of hallucination with this and did it forever? 

Curenado    966
9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

"Overall, the Hallucination Machine provides a powerful new tool to complement the resurgence of research into altered states of consciousness," conclude the researchers in the study.

For what purpose?  ^^^^^^ 

At least with a drug it wears off after awhile. What if you got stuck in a perpetual loop of hallucination with this and did it forever? 

What a way to get a buncha chimps to let you record fundamental brain processes and program them.

• Like 1

snowball    140

more "AI" garbage. There is no such thing as Artificial Intelligence.

Beware the traps they set !!!!

Ukshep    20,171
26 minutes ago, snowball said:

There is no such thing as Artificial Intelligence.

Yet. You can't deny that they want it.

John Galt    978

Often times when people are really tripping, an overseer is present for a reason.

Especially for someone who is potentially easily misled. (The Double Edged Sword of the Third Eye)

By allowing the A.I. to take you into a trip, you allow it to guide you wherever it would like you to go.

In other words.. that experience will not be your own, but the A.I.'s. 

In that state one is very suggestible as well.