Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ric278

They're Trying to Ban Another Harmless Plant That Helps People

Anne    253
24 minutes ago, Ric278 said:

The war on drugs is about the government eliminating the competition

Yes ,I have read about kratom,sad really alot of people go on kratom to get off perscription pain killers,it seems to work.Power to them .

:slap:   :goodpost:

• Like 1

Cinnamon    22,773

I just looked on Amazon and there's no kratom for sale, only books about it. Looks like they're ahead of a ban? 

Ukshep    19,871
27 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I just looked on Amazon and there's no kratom for sale, only books about it. Looks like they're ahead of a ban? 

Amazon's like that on a ton of things. They have zero of what anyone really wants :D

Ric278    266
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

They have zero of what anyone really wants :D

They plenty of wants , but not to much in the need department!

Asymptote    71

I've tried it and I did find some relief for my torn rotator cuff (70%).  I didn't notice any "recreational" value to the substance..

dazedb42    378

Opium is from a natural plant, what's the problem with that?

Kratom sounds good.

The opioid effects from kratom come from two potent chemicals, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine in kratom’s leaf. Mitragynine is the more prominent and has very mild opioid effects, while 7-hydroxymitragynine is 13 times more potent than morphine milligram for milligram.

But just because kratom is not as dangerous as heroin and fentanyl does not mean it is free of adverse effects. In fact, they are all highly addictive.

Capsules of kratom in Albany, N.Y. in a Sept. 27, 2017 file photo, after the death of a young police officer in upstate New York was classified as a kartom overdose. AP Photo/Mary Esch

In an assessment of the 660 calls about kratom to United States poison control centers from 2010-2015, the major adverse effects included racing heartbeat, agitation or irritability, drowsiness, nausea and high blood pressure. The adverse effects were moderate or severe in 42 percent and 7 percent of people, respectively.

In addition, unlike prescription drugs, the quantities of the active ingredients in unregulated kratom products can change over time or can be adulterated with other products. In an assessment of several kratom products commercially sold in the Western world, the concentrations of 7-hydroxymitragynine were substantially higher than could be achieved naturally, which negates the safety benefits of using kratom versus other opioids.

Groove    1,914
23 hours ago, Anne said:

Yes ,I have read about kratom,sad really alot of people go on kratom to get off perscription pain killers,it seems to work.Power to them .

:slap:   :goodpost:

It def works. I tried some about 12 years ago to help ease the detox issues from some pain meds I was on. After just a week and a half I was all good. But of course anything the FDA can't slap a patent on they will attack. 

Dan Lannon    537

My instincts tell me that this is just more Big Pharma lobbying to shutdown an alternative natural herbal remedy which threatens their lock on the anti-depressant / pain reliever market.

• Like 2