Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
periclymenoides

Pesky Smartphone Addiction?

periclymenoides    1,371

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/26/16701950/substitute-phoneklemens-schillinger-smartphone-addiction

" Schillinger tells Dezeen that more and more, phones are becoming an addicting object in our lives. Users constantly play with them, even if they’re not looking for a message or expecting a call, and he was inspired to design “a tool that would help stop this 'checking' behaviour."  "

:laughmeme:

@Automan63 --You can still use these after pulling them out of a swimming pool--

Automan63    2,155
1 minute ago, periclymenoides said:

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/26/16701950/substitute-phoneklemens-schillinger-smartphone-addiction

" Schillinger tells Dezeen that more and more, phones are becoming an addicting object in our lives. Users constantly play with them, even if they’re not looking for a message or expecting a call, and he was inspired to design “a tool that would help stop this 'checking' behaviour."  "

:laughmeme:

@Automan63 --You can still use these after pulling them out of a swimming pool--

In fact, you can! 

They make great door stops, paper weights and in a pinch, skeet targets. :gsbrnint:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

periclymenoides    1,371
2 minutes ago, dazedb42 said:

Maybe, but I was shopping phones for my sweetie just a year ago and the motorola was renowned for it's mild and brief resistance to dowsings.   

Shopping for phones was a freak show.   I've had two phones in the past 25 years that I kept for two or three months each , one was a bag phone and the other I deactivated in 2009.  I just got another activated a month or two ago, a dumb phone,  pay as you go and I don't go much.   

• Like 2

periclymenoides    1,371
40 minutes ago, Automan63 said:

In fact, you can! 

They make great door stops, paper weights and in a pinch, skeet targets. :gsbrnint:

Shim, bookmark, plant stand

• Like 1

Automan63    2,155
1 minute ago, periclymenoides said:

Shim, bookmark, plant stand

I learn something new ever day. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Zimix99    827

i just use mine in the shower so i can watch youtube videos. Doesn't even have a phone plan since i would have no one to talk too... :'(

It's funny though, yes smartphones are addictive but no one ever talks about computer addiction.

Also yes sometimes i browse COP naked. Go on, picture it!

Edited by Zimix99

I could go without computers and Internet right now instantly and never see one again if that was the case. I pray that this happens actually. Computers and technology is the worst thing to happen to human civilization ever. Created hell on earth. Bunch of f**king idiots everywhere. 👍🏻💪🏻😀 But hey what are you gonna do right.

periclymenoides    1,371
6 minutes ago, Conspiracyk said:

I could go without computers and Internet right now instantly and never see one again if that was the case. I pray that this happens actually. Computers and technology is the worst thing to happen to human civilization ever. Created hell on earth. Bunch of f**king idiots everywhere. 👍🏻💪🏻😀 But hey what are you gonna do right.

Somebody once said something about separating wheat from chaff 

periclymenoides    1,371
23 minutes ago, Zimix99 said:

Also yes sometimes i browse COP naked. Go on, picture it!

Had to check for gender..I'm too busy in the shower for movies, can't imagine 

Maybe if I had a bigger water heater and was by myself..

Zimix99    827
41 minutes ago, periclymenoides said:

Had to check for gender..I'm too busy in the shower for movies, can't imagine 

Maybe if I had a bigger water heater and was by myself..

The shower is my most favorite place, always has been :P. I live in a house with a full sized water heater though so, but it wasn't always so  :(. Just toss the phone up on a shower shelf, watch the video while you clean. cover the camera unless you want the NSA to see your junk.