Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Jiaogulan Tea

Cinnamon    23,011

This is made from a plant that is an adaptogen. Adaptogens balance out the system. If you're tired, it'll give you energy and if you're stressed it'll calm you down. I have been drinking this tea for awhile now, it really works. It tastes bitter but some honey tames it down pretty well. They always say it's sweet, but it is not. Try it, it's good for you. 

• Like 4

Anne    255
9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

This is made from a plant that is an adaptogen. Adaptogens balance out the system. If you're tired, it'll give you energy and if you're stressed it'll calm you down. I have been drinking this tea for awhile now, it really works. It tastes bitter but some honey tames it down pretty well. They always say it's sweet, but it is not. Try it, it's good for you.

worth a try........thank you :D

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,011

I put some dandelion/cinnamon tea with the jiogulan and it tastes a lot better. The bitterness is still there, though. 

TheOldMan    2,517
1 hour ago, Cinnamon said:

I put some dandelion/cinnamon tea with the jiogulan and it tastes a lot better. The bitterness is still there, though. 

I use one bag dandelion ,one bag lemon ginger 

some raw honey helps too 

going to read your juice fast thread tomorrow 

• Like 1

Asymptote    71

This herb is really, really easy to grow in sufficient quantities to supply a person.  It's not reliably hardy for me, though (and I fear I might have killed all 3 of mine off by not moving them in before temperatures dropped.    

I should know within 2 weeks if they are dead or not, though I am pretty optimistic.

i had wanted to grow rhodiola rosea as well, but these aren't as easy to locate, even for me. 

Curenado    966
22 minutes ago, Asymptote said:

This herb is really, really easy to grow in sufficient quantities to supply a person.  It's not reliably hardy for me, though (and I fear I might have killed all 3 of mine off by not moving them in before temperatures dropped.    

I should know within 2 weeks if they are dead or not, though I am pretty optimistic.

i had wanted to grow rhodiola rosea as well, but these aren't as easy to locate, even for me. 

I want to try some. Gynostemma makes me think of schisandra. It will grow here easily too, but all are so finicky about where they live. Echinacea either takes over a spot or will hardly grow at all. 

Asymptote    71

Schisandra grows ok for me, but I haven't been able to get it to produce berries.  I have a friend 2 towns over, about 10 miles, and his does better than mine...  Hopefully next year.  

echinacea grows well for me, but only if I give it no attention and occasional sneer at it.  My wife has run them over and they do just fine...  If I put it into one of my ce beds and try to baby it, it's gone the next year.  

Remind me in the spring and if one of my 3 is doing well I'll send a division to you.  (I started with a 3-inch pot and had a 3 gal pot growing vigorously within 90 days...

Edited by Asymptote
Added link