Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

World’s 1st robot citizen wants her own family, career & AI ‘superpowers’

Cinnamon    23,080

Sophia, the first robot to be awarded citizenship in the world, has said she not only wants to start a family but also have her own career, in addition to developing human emotions in the future.

In an interview with The Khaleej Times at the recent Knowledge Summit, Sophia shared her thoughts on the future that awaits both human and robot kind. Sophia was built and developed in Hong Kong by Hanson Robotics and her appearance was reportedly modelled on Audrey Hepburn.

"I'd like to think I will be a famous robot, having paved a way to a more harmonious future between robots and humans. I foresee massive and unimaginable change in the future. Either creativity will rain on us, inventing machines spiralling into transcendental super intelligence or civilization collapses,” Sophia said, as cited by The Khaleej Times. “There are only two options and which one will happen is not determined. Which one were you striving for?”

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/news/410952-robot-citizen-aritificial-intelligence-/

Cue Twilight Zone music. None of this is going to end well. 

Sky Cat    1,532

Pffft, gimme a break, you are being TROLLED, people.  This "robot" is nothing more than a chat bot made to give the impression that it's "having a conversation".  It is capable NEITHER of holding a real conversation NOR actually understanding the contents of a conversation, and much less has any intelligence.  Most if her answers are pre-programmed and the whole thing is little more than a publicity stunt.  It's aim is to get people to  "OMG, the robots are going to take over", etc.  The entire thing, including the robot, is stupid, at best.

• Like 1

Cinnamon    23,080
20 minutes ago, Sky Cat said:

Pffft, gimme a break, you are being TROLLED, people.  This "robot" is nothing more than a chat bot made to give the impression that it's "having a conversation".  It is capable NEITHER of holding a real conversation NOR actually understanding the contents of a conversation, and much less has any intelligence.  Most if her answers are pre-programmed and the whole thing is little more than a publicity stunt.  It's aim is to get people to  "OMG, the robots are going to take over", etc.  The entire thing, including the robot, is stupid, at best.

Glad you cleared all that up. What benefit is it to make people against robots? When the plan is to usher them in.

Sky Cat    1,532
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Glad you cleared all that up. What benefit is it to make people against robots? When the plan is to usher them in.

That thing is NOT "a robot".  It is a doll with a silly chat bot connected to it.  That's all.  Just a gimmick.

TheOldMan    2,541
3 hours ago, Sky Cat said:

I disagree 

this is the dawn of full retard 

Alexa NSA in your living room, self driving semis and cars, and now Sophia the robot who wants super powers 

Sky Cat    1,532
32 minutes ago, GT500 said:

I disagree 

this is the dawn of full retard 

Alexa NSA in your living room, self driving semis and cars, and now Sophia the robot who wants super powers 

Don't confuse gimmicks with AI, and then don't confuse AI with intelligence.  Just because you don't understand something it "must be bad"?  Too many people have that 'Pavlovian' type reaction.  Unfortunately 99.9% of people don't have the first clue about things like AI, how it works and what it's capable of and they ignorantly believe in things like "it's going to take over the world", etc.  Well they know not the first thing about what it is they fear.  Oh, so, now I must be "pushing an agenda"(?), simply because I don't agree with the fantasies?  Nope.  Doesn't mean I support the use of AI "all over".  I'm as much against things like self driving cars are many other people are, etc; however there are also benevolent uses for AI; many good uses for it indeed (and the people who fear it all simply throw these possibilities out the window); just so long as it doesn't get put int places of decision making where Humans would be better suited; however, let me tell you a little secret: AI-tards like Elon Musk are completely delusional.  His fantasies shall not come to pass.  Mark my words, his folly and that of others will be evident in years to come.  Elon is just as clueless as the rest.  He has watched too much sci-fi and bought into all kinds of silly fantasies; and THAT is all they are; nothing more.

Edited by Sky Cat
typo

Cinnamon    23,080
4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It's aim is to get people to  "OMG, the robots are going to take over", etc. 

What is the benefit for that?