Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Bio-engineered Plants May Be Spying on You

Ukshep    20,200

Do you talk to your plants? You may want to watch what you say to them. The US Department of Defense has a new program whose purpose is to genetically modify plants to create undercover ground cover for spying on the enemy … and these days it seems like we’re ALL the enemy. Should you start pruning suspicious shrubbery down to the roots? Checking the cornfield for ears with ears?

“Plant sensors developed under the program will sense specific stimuli and report these signals with a remotely recognized phenotype detectable by existing hardware platforms.”

DARPA’s (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) new TIA (tree intelligence agency) is called the Advanced Plant Technologies program and its purported goal is to use nature’s own (with a few genetic tweaks) to watch for and report any environmental anomalies that might signal a chemical attack. That sounds like a good plan, doesn’t it?

“The program aims to control and direct plant physiology to detect chemical, biological, radiological, and/or nuclear threats, as well as electromagnetic signals.”

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/11/bio-engineered-plants-may-be-spying-on-you/

:scary:

• Like 2

coco    488

Is this why they don't want people to have veggie gardens?  Because the could find that crap and tear it out while weeding?

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,200
4 minutes ago, John Galt said:

The literal digitization of reality is on its way..

Some might argue it's already almost over... I was discussing this with cin. We're not far off. Full on simulations where you can't tell the difference.... Within our lifetime it seems!

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,200
3 minutes ago, coco said:

Is this why they don't want people to have veggie gardens?  Because the could find that crap and tear it out while weeding?

As good a theory as I've heard! Plausible at least... :)

Ukshep    20,200
Just now, John Galt said:

Smart Dust will be implemented at some point. 

There will be no end it seems.

I get the feeling that it will be like a switch is flipped and people will just start vanishing whom question things... before anyone realizes it will be too late. This is usually the cold hard reality of it. But with tech...... they could get rid of whomever they want without walking up and shooting them.

• Like 1

John Galt    982
6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I get the feeling that it will be like a switch is flipped and people will just start vanishing whom question things... before anyone realizes it will be too late. This is usually the cold hard reality of it. But with tech...... they could get rid of whomever they want without walking up and shooting them.

Agreed.

I am starting to be of the opinion that RFB was right that the slaughterbots or some variant are the locusts coming out of the 'pit'. They will have 'their time', and there is no stopping that. Like I have said before though, we know how it ends. They have been gauging the economics of disasters for a very long time, and know how to 'keep things moving'.

We, for the most part, have migrated out of their systems anyways.

• Like 2

Ukshep    20,200
3 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Agreed.

I am starting to be of the opinion that RFB was right that the slaughterbots or some variant are the locusts coming out of the 'pit'. They will have 'their time', and there is no stopping that. Like I have said before though, we know how it ends. They have been gauging the economics of disasters for a very long time, and know how to 'keep things moving'.

We, for the most part, have migrated out of their systems anyways.

Remember the avengers drone carrier... How it targeted people they wanted rid of. It would fly around killing those on the list... Total dread that is!

John Galt    982

I can imagine, very clearly. However, I don't really watch many movies :) 

They have been making lists for a very long time though, haven't they.

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,200
24 minutes ago, John Galt said:

They have been making lists for a very long time though, haven't they.

They sure have!

periclymenoides    1,384
56 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Do you talk to your plants? You may want to watch what you say to them. The US Department of Defense has a new program whose purpose is to genetically modify plants to create undercover ground cover for spying on the enemy … and these days it seems like we’re ALL the enemy. Should you start pruning suspicious shrubbery down to the roots? Checking the cornfield for ears with ears?

“Plant sensors developed under the program will sense specific stimuli and report these signals with a remotely recognized phenotype detectable by existing hardware platforms.”

DARPA’s (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) new TIA (tree intelligence agency) is called the Advanced Plant Technologies program and its purported goal is to use nature’s own (with a few genetic tweaks) to watch for and report any environmental anomalies that might signal a chemical attack. That sounds like a good plan, doesn’t it?

“The program aims to control and direct plant physiology to detect chemical, biological, radiological, and/or nuclear threats, as well as electromagnetic signals.”

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/11/bio-engineered-plants-may-be-spying-on-you/

:scary:

If we were here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Life_of_Plants in 1973...

Only surprise is that it took so long to make this news. 

The Secret Life of Plants rocked my world view back in the mid late  90s

OP Article is weak sauce compared to what was discovered in the seventies, should be much further along than this..probably got absorbed into black ops and we've taught plants to grow into spaceships, underground mars bases and such.  

• Like 3