Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

DANGER of a WorldView Driven by EMPATHY

Ukshep    20,234

Interesting listen! Thought I'd share.. Title is descriptive.... Of what the discussion is about!

John Galt    982

I see empathy as that thing which allows someone to act without fear of spiritual recompense.

Empathizing must be accompanies by real understanding of a situation.

Without understanding of those actions, you can never have true empathy.

The type of empathy that comes with 'open border' policy is very ego based. It helps neither migrant, or the country they are migrating to. It is all about self-satisfaction of the mind instead of actually doing the thing that might go against the flow. It is also directed towards women, who are more attracted to the state then the men within it. 

A similar concept can be applied to charity in general. The industrialization of empathy or charity is wrong. Genuine empathy, which is different than what most understand it as, is not ever going to be wrong. The illusion of someone having something when they do not is the real issue.

The way I see it... The article is right, but wrong at the same time.

"DANGER of a worldview driven by institutionalized empathy"

• Like 2

Ukshep    20,234
2 minutes ago, John Galt said:

I see empathy as that thing which allows someone to act without fear of spiritual recompense.

Empathizing must be accompanies by real understanding of a situation.

Without understanding of those actions, you can never have true empathy.

The type of empathy that comes with 'open border' policy is very ego based. It helps neither migrant, or the country they are migrating to. It is all about self-satisfaction of the mind instead of actually doing the thing that might go against the flow. It is also directed towards women, who are more attracted to the state then the men within it. 

A similar concept can be applied to charity in general. The industrialization of empathy or charity is wrong. Genuine empathy, which is different than what most understand it as, is not ever going to be wrong. The illusion of someone having something when they do not is the real issue.

The way I see it... The article is right, but wrong at the same time.

"DANGER of a worldview driven by institutionalized empathy"

I have to agree. Being an empath myself. I have a lot of empathy... I understand and help when needed. I can only see one downside to that and it is financial. This border situation you mention. While I may have a lot of empathy. I don't have it for an orchestrated movement of people. Turn them away :)

• Like 1

John Galt    982

Men think, but without women do not feel.

Women feel, but without men they do not think.

We must seek that which the other half of ourselves has, and without doing this.. We will remain lost.

• Like 1

thedudeabides    2,372

Forced cultural empathy and natural empathy are two different things. The only people incapable of empathy are sociopaths.

Edited by thedudeabides
  • Like 2

thedudeabides    2,372
32 minutes ago, John Galt said:

Men think, but without women do not feel.

Women feel, but without men they do not think.

We must seek that which the other half of ourselves has, and without doing this.. We will remain lost.

Not exactly correct. Women have the tendency to link memories to emotion. So when they encounter a similar experience they feel the original emotion attached to it. Men however do not have this function. The majority of men analyze through logic then produce an emotional response. 

John Galt    982
4 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Not exactly correct. Women have the tendency to link memories to emotion. So when they encounter a similar experience they feel the original emotion attached to it. Men however do not have this function. The majority of men analyze through logic then produce an emotional response. 

How is a man to be predisposed logically without a woman to really nurture him, and love him in the early stages of life? Present to future

How can a woman attach her emotions to correct emotional response without the guidance of a good man? Future to present

What you said, is what I said from another point of view in my opinion. It's not as if I disagree with what you said. o.O

Ukshep    20,234
16 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I have that function...

• Haha 1

thedudeabides    2,372
10 hours ago, John Galt said:

How is a man to be predisposed logically without a woman to really nurture him, and love him in the early stages of life? Present to future

How can a woman attach her emotions to correct emotional response without the guidance of a good man? Future to present

What you said, is what I said from another point of view in my opinion. It's not as if I disagree with what you said. o.O

Yes and no. A married man and women complete one another on all ways they each lack. But a women does not need a man nor a man a women to be complete. Some people are meant to live a life of celibacy.

• Like 2

John Galt    982
2 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Yes and no. A married man and women complete one another on all ways they each lack. But a women does not need a man nor a man a women to be complete. Some people are meant to live a life of celibacy.

'Tis true

~Tesla :) 

To each his or her own on the path of true wisdom.

Picklesnout    583

Female, thinker, as well as a feeler. I find the description of feeling not thinking women without a man insulting. Fully functional stand alone complex.

Some folks do mistake kindness for weakness. If you are morally compelled to kindness via empathy, I have had folks try to use that against me. It stops when they find out it won't work. Men may be better at that limit setting, and will not be seen as "feeling". Because women are often pushed and labeled as b¥tches when they do not comply, their feelings can be used against them, so they might be seen as lacking logical thinking.

Both sexes get pidgenholed with labels, not truth.

• Like 1