Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

Do the benefits of the internet outweigh the downside?

Cinnamon    23,072

The "web" <<< we're all caught in it now.  It allows/ed free flow of important information. But now, with the net neutrality being rolled back, it will no longer be free.  At that point, is it worth having it anymore?  

The censors are working hand in hand with the government regarding fake news and it's nothing more than a front to stifle dissent against the oligarchs and monopolies.  The terms of service for hosting and participation in ad revenue are already chilling free speech everywhere. 

The internet has also unleashed the dumbest of the fn dumb to start forums and do their best to mind control, rather mind f**k people. They take caring individuals and turn them into narcissists that no one can stand to be around after they're done with them.  

The internet is where pedos can do their dirty work and are shielded or ignored by the controllers while Patriots are demonetized and taken down for all sorts of vague reasoning. 

The internet is how we are tracked constantly, already, it's only going to get more pervasive as time goes on.

Is it going to be worth having the internet once the controllers are finished with it?  I don't think it will be, honestly. What do you think? 

• Like 2

Cinnamon    23,072
Just now, GT500 said:

Double edged sword for sure 

I live in a place where I have to know what's going on 

We all need to know what's going on, but I think they are going to make it so homogenized that there will only be one voice. And that's theirs. 

• Like 1

Curenado    966

NO!

I use it for science and all high things (woo!) and NO! The damage and negatives have never been worth it! 

TheOldMan    2,536
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

We all need to know what's going on, but I think they are going to make it so homogenized that there will only be one voice. And that's theirs. 

Heading that way for sure 

Ukshep    20,155

If I lose my internet freedom. I pick up a weapon and I'm off to war. It is the last thing left. They've taken everything else.

How about that for an answer.

• Like 4

Blipkints    306

Yes, information, like life there are choices. Without it I wouldn't be aware as I am. Not only that. Whilst in the shit this week it was invaluable.

Cinnamon    23,072
1 minute ago, Blipkints said:

Yes, information, like life there are choices. Without it I wouldn't be aware as I am. Not only that. Whilst in the shit this week it was invaluable.

As it is right now, but that's getting ready to change and not in a good way. 

Blipkints    306
Just now, Cinnamon said:

As it is right now, but that's getting ready to change and not in a good way. 

Then we modify. As Pericly suggested, we make it ours.