Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Automan63

And there it is, self driving cars to “decide”

Automan63    2,204
11 minutes ago, GT500 said:

You will not think 

you will obey 

people actually voted for it 

Yea, heard that before. Good luck to “them”

• Like 1

This just makes me sick. I am old enough to remember when driving was seen as a ticket to freedom, taking off on the open road and all of that. I still get really happy when I can go on a road trip because there is that sense of escape and "freedom...."

Except

Now you can be billed for driving on certain highways. I just got a bill in the mail for driving on a turnpike. Despite the fact that I paid humans in toll booths, there was one stretch of land in Massachusetts where there are no toll booths or humans. This is all done by satellite. I saw no such signs that this was the case -- I would not have driven there if I had.

And now this! The car (and therefore, the programming entity)  decides who lives and who dies ... and you know much of your personal info is linked to your license plate. So what is going to be the criteria for life/death as programmed into a computer? Age? Race? Belief system? etc. 

The noose just keeps tightening, doesn't it?

It is little wonder they "bought back" all those old cars without hi-tech systems a few years back. But now, even owning one of those isn't going to keep you safe from the programmed kill machines. And I can't help but wonder if all the stories we've seen in the news lately about cars being used to mow down crowds are just a way of getting us sensitized to these situations...

Siriusly    268

The schoolbus example in the article is a bit far fetched. Objects never appear out of nowhere into your path on a freeway. If I were programming safety protocols I would constantly note moving objects and calculate speed/distance/direction in a complete radius around the car. Any sudden deviation that could end in a collision should result in instant counter measures avoiding collision /controlled emergency stop to the best of the vehicle's ability. The car should know what is around it in a 100+ yard radius (estimated brake path for current speed and road conditions plus a safety margin) at all times and can instantly judge accordingly. Sure it is not failsafe but a CPU can react quicker than any human can.

I would not implement any moral code as to which this article seems to hint.

Edited by Siriusly

3 hours ago, Siriusly said:

The schoolbus example in the article is a bit far fetched. Objects never appear out of nowhere into your path on a freeway. If I were programming safety protocols I would constantly note moving objects and calculate speed/distance/direction in a complete radius around the car. Any sudden deviation that could end in a collision should result in instant counter measures avoiding collision /controlled emergency stop to the best of the vehicle's ability. The car should know what is around it in a 100+ yard radius (estimated brake path for current speed and road conditions plus a safety margin) at all times and can instantly judge accordingly. Sure it is not failsafe but a CPU can react quicker than any human can.

I would not implement any moral code as to which this article seems to hint.

Far fetched indeed.

When I was in school. I was on a bus sitting at a red light stopped. There comes a guy from the rear driving a pickup waving at someone out of his window, he never even touched his brakes. He slammed into the back of the bus and it totaled his truck. We on the bus barely even felt it.

Moral of that story is do not hit a bus, they don't give.

The self-driving car agenda (fueled by staged "car attacks") is about even more than this (which is disturbing enough on it's own.)

It's all about Agenda 2030. The self driving cars simply WILL NOT go into any areas "zoned" as "No Human Access".

• Like 1