Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ric278

Black Friday Zombie Shoppers 2017

Ric278    302

Countless Black Friday zombie shoppers left their homes to wait hours in line outside electronic stores

• Like 1

Last night after dinner, a friend and I decided we would like to see a movie. Neither of us knew what was playing so we drove out to a mall, completely oblivious of the Black Friday idea (it was still Thanksgiving, after all). The movie choices were awful, but the mall was opened, even though most of the stores were closed. So we decided to stroll around for a bit and walk off those extra calories. It was only then that we realized how many people had gathered in this temple of (mostly closed) stores. A few food places were open -- mostly fast food stuff -- but literally, all the retail spaces were closed. But people were queued up with sleeping bags and of course, their magic phones and they were waiting ... waiting ... waiting. This was around 5:30 pm. It didn't matter what the store was selling (I figured only electronic places would gather crowds) but even the most insipid of offerings attracted a line. A couple of times we were eyed suspiciously as if we looked like we might be getting just a bit too close to someone's "saved" place in a line -- despite the fact that neither of us were dressed for campout on the concrete. It was just surreal. 

We left soon thereafter and we noticed that a lot more cars were coming into the mall ... and someone, of course, was overjoyed to get our "good" parking space. And get this -- we also noticed several rental trucks parked in the lot. People actually rented small trucks for Black Friday  shopping.

This is madness beyond measure.

Picklesnout    561

Nothing on earth is worth my time or money, especially facing those nutty crowds. I Stood in line for a tv once, for a friend who had to work that day.. Never again!

My first mistake-offering. No good deed goes unpunished.

My second mistake -walmart. I don't shop there, and I know why I don't. I should have listened to my gut.

People lost their minds.

5am.  Now if I am ever up at 5 am, it is cause I didn't go to bed yet. Ugh, but ok it's my good buddy.. So I find myself outside in the middle of farkin darken freezing with a mob of desperate strangers. All my sensors and alarm bells are engaged. My inner self is screaming at my stupidity for getting anywhere near this situation.

The gates go up and people RUN to get to these tv's. I am like, oh sh¥t what have I gotten myself into. I get out of the way, let the most ferocious go first. I work my way in, and the tv section is like a mosh pit. No farkin way. I get lucky and some worker drops a pallet of tv's in front of me in the isle. No good. They all saw it.

I got one into the cart and was moving off as the rumble made its way twords me. Some poor black lady was between the crowd and the end cap, and was getting smashed, I swear to you, the poor woman cried out "Let a lady live!" 

So after all that, I wait like an hour to pay.

Fine. At least I am out, alive and free again.

I deliver the goods to my pal that afternoon, and you know what she says to me?

"Oh thanks, after I talked to you I found out the special is going for 2 weeks, not just the 2 hours like they said. I was going to tell you but since you were going anyway..." 

Fark. Me.

I know you people are smarter than this, but don't do it, not even for the sake of a good friend. It ain't worth it.

• Like 1

Siddrix    1,036

The TPTB loves to make us look like Savages fighting over all this junk.   The Media relishes over it.  I refuse to comply to this modern era consumerism savagery...  

• Like 1

Anne    255
5 hours ago, Ric278 said:

Countless Black Friday zombie shoppers left their homes to wait hours in line outside electronic stores

I just can't get this concept of standing in line.

Groove    1,945

Yep. I've had to deal with these morons all day. But luckily it's a farm supply store so we didn't have a thousand people at the front door at 6am. Only had about 50 lol. But hell I think I've sold and loaded 50 gun safes today. 

Cinnamon    23,011
3 minutes ago, Groove said:

Yep. I've had to deal with these morons all day. But luckily it's a farm supply store so we didn't have a thousand people at the front door at 6am. Only had about 50 lol. But hell I think I've sold and loaded 50 gun safes today. 

Don't get me started on gun safes. How can you protect yourself when your defense is locked away? 

• Like 1