Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Homeless man spent last $20 to keep woman safe. She raised $250K to repay him...

Shamanik    50

It’s stories like this that makes my heart smile. With all the shite going on in the world it’s hard to remember that there are some wonderful souls left in the human race.

• Like 3

Anne    263
51 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

This story has been updated to reflect that the GoFundMe account had raised $250,000 by Thursday afternoon, November 23, 2017 -- up from $34,000 when the story was originally published the day before.)

Kate McClure didn’t expect to run out of gas on her drive to Philadelphia last month.

And she definitely didn’t expect that her misfortune would give her the opportunity to change someone else’s life.

Pulled over on the side of I-95, McClure, 27, was approached by a homeless man named Johnny. She was apprehensive at first, but Johnny told her to get back into her car and to lock the doors while he walked to get her help. He went to a nearby gas station, used his last $20 fill a can and brought it back to fill up her car.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article186044173.html

Re-payed in kind didn't she!

It's wonderful to see there is still good in this world...........there is hope!!!:bqcgashp:

• Like 1

Automan63    2,204

I read this story when the go-fundme was about 34 thousand, I was astonished then, I’m blown away now.

it shows me that there is hope for humanity.

• Like 2

Groove    1,952
1 hour ago, Shamanik said:

It’s stories like this that makes my heart smile. With all the shite going on in the world it’s hard to remember that there are some wonderful souls left in the human race.

You and me both. It's not often in 2017 that you hear good hearted stories like this. Personally it is something I would do, I was raised to go out of my way to help those in need. You never know who your helping. 

• Like 1

Dr. Evil    1,658
16 minutes ago, Mimas said:

Often people on bottom are the most generous.

You got that right.

Get a Wall Streeter in the same situation, would they or wouldn't they.

Wouldn't want to put money on it, would we. 

• Like 2

God Man    677

Great story!  The media was being nice to us because it was Thanksgiving. I really needed to read a true story like this as it gives me some hope for humanity in these times in which I see and hear so much bad taking place in the world.  It feels so good to help others and give, but how many people allow themselves to give with no expectation of receiving something in return.  There will always be those that suck the life and energy others, who only care about themselves.  Unfortunately the media usually mostly only promotes story's of people doing bad things to others and they really have a hand in influencing sheeple such that they only care about themselves.  Ahh...but now I digress.

Thank you for posting this great story.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mimas said:

Often people on bottom are the most generous.

I think they see life through spiritual eyes, as we all should.

Matthew 20:16King James Version (KJV)

16 So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.

• Like 1