Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

Black Friday just got more insane

Cinnamon    23,078

Americans buying & selling employee uniforms in new craze to beat crowds on Black Friday

The insanity for Black Friday bargains has reached new heights in the US, after one joke suggestion to sell a Walmart uniform to anyone seeking to skip ahead of the lines went viral and spawned dozens of similar but seemingly real offers.

It all reportedly started with Twitter user @OverlyLiked announcing he would be selling his Walmart vest for $100. “I’m selling this Walmart vest for $100,” he wrote. “Use it to skip the line during Black Friday. You can even walk in, grab what you want, and walk out.”

Although he tweeted it as a joke, which earned @OverlyLiked over 30,000 retweets and almost 80,000 likes, it wasn’t long before he was being inundated with real requests to buy his shirt.

https://www.rt.com/usa/410801-walmart-uniform-black-friday-crowds/

Sky Cat    1,532
1 minute ago, Malevolent said:

I bought all I need yesterday - today I shall go nowhere near any freaking shop.  It's an insane marketing ploy to get people to spend money they do not have on items they do not need.

+1

Sky Cat    1,532
Just now, Cinnamon said:

When are they going to call Black Friday racist is my question. lol

:gsbrnint:

Sky Cat    1,532

Maybe someone should start a "White Friday" and see what the reaction is like? :laughdef:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Malevolent    2,819
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Hahaha.. "White people using "blackness" to promote a white-capitalist ploy to enslave and force into poverty the people who are poor - bla, bla fishpaste."

I have noticed many times that it is actually the people on grants who mostly plead poverty who are the fore-runners in these idiotic things.  When it comes to fireworks, the most noise and amount of fireworks comes from some impoverished informal settlement.  And tomorrow that same reveler is standing at a traffic light begging.. go figure!

• Like 4

Thunder    133
13 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

My nephew wanted to go look for something at a local store to see if he could get a gaming device for cheap, even after I had explained what their plan is with the “Black Friday”. He still was going to go so asked if I would go. My other much younger nephew wanted to go. His parents said no. He then comes out to tell us to be careful, shopping for “Black” Friday because we were not the right color to be out shopping. I’m not being a racist but it was hysterical. He is 6 and doesn’t understand the world yet.

• Haha 1

Kadosh    392

When you see the highlight footage of the violent mayhem later today you'll be reminded why it's called Black Friday. :bruised:

• Haha 2

Thunder    133
1 minute ago, Kadosh said:

When you see the highlight footage of the violent mayhem later today you'll be reminded why it's called Black Friday. :bruised:

Haha! Yes, we will. Luckily, he wanted to go in the late afternoon so I knew the craziness hadn’t started yet. 

Kadosh    392

For some reason the darker pigmented segment of our society is typically found at the nucleus of these savage brawls.