Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
abigfatzero

Argentina's first female submarine officer on board missing vessel

abigfatzero    2,449

Argentina's first female submarine officer on board missing vessel

BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - One of the 44 crew members on board the Argentine submarine that is missing in the South Atlantic is Eliana Maria Krawczyk, who came from a landlocked province to become the country’s first female submarine officer.

In a Facebook video posted in January by the Defense Ministry, Krawczyk discussed her experience of being the first woman in a traditionally male space. She said that she aspired to become the commander of a navy submarine one day.

“If you think about being underwater, navigating, and being the only woman, it is strange, but at the same time it is exciting and very challenging,” she said in the video. “Any woman that wants to can do it.”

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-argentina-submarine-pioneer/argentinas-first-female-submarine-officer-on-board-missing-vessel-idUSKBN1DK24V

:grumph:

• Like 1

Voncroix    74

Male typing over here. I just wanted to clarify I'm not only typing but I'm also a cook, brother, son, neighbor, and I also give my time to shelters as a male. Being man as a response to female submarine vaginal officer, I can only say as a male that I'm so male proud of said female hard work and female effort for her female girl powers. Man, that's just womaniffic. Keep up the go girl and get em'.