Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

Scientists re-clone 1st cloned dog to see what happens [Merged]

Ukshep    20,171

I really do wish they would stop messing with things like this...

An international team of researchers have re-cloned the first dog to ever be cloned, to basically find out if genetically identical animals will suffer the same fate.

The scientists from Seoul National University, Michigan State University and the University of Illinois had their paper on the monumental re-cloning published in the journal Scientific Reports. The group said they duplicated the original dog clone to learn more about the viability of cloning animals, and to find out if cloning animals speeds up the aging process or causes unknown birth defects.

In 2005, the original dog Tai, a male Afghan hound, become the first dog to ever be cloned. Researchers at Seoul National University inserted Tai’s cells into the eggs of a female donor and then implanted the them into the female’s uterus.

The result of that ground-breaking implantation, Snuppy, lived a seemingly normal and healthy life on Seoul National University campus until he died from cancer at age 10, as did the original, Tai, at age 12. Their ages of death was close to the 11.9 years a normal Afghan hound is expected to reach, and neither cancer was rare or unique, according to the team.

https://www.rt.com/news/410697-clone-dogs-genetics-research/

I mean really! Do we have to mess with genetics like this. It will end badly! Lead to bad!

Anne    263
28 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I really do wish they would stop messing with things like this...

An international team of researchers have re-cloned the first dog to ever be cloned, to basically find out if genetically identical animals will suffer the same fate.

The scientists from Seoul National University, Michigan State University and the University of Illinois had their paper on the monumental re-cloning published in the journal Scientific Reports. The group said they duplicated the original dog clone to learn more about the viability of cloning animals, and to find out if cloning animals speeds up the aging process or causes unknown birth defects.

In 2005, the original dog Tai, a male Afghan hound, become the first dog to ever be cloned. Researchers at Seoul National University inserted Tai’s cells into the eggs of a female donor and then implanted the them into the female’s uterus.

The result of that ground-breaking implantation, Snuppy, lived a seemingly normal and healthy life on Seoul National University campus until he died from cancer at age 10, as did the original, Tai, at age 12. Their ages of death was close to the 11.9 years a normal Afghan hound is expected to reach, and neither cancer was rare or unique, according to the team.

https://www.rt.com/news/410697-clone-dogs-genetics-research/

I mean really! Do we have to mess with genetics like this. It will end badly! Lead to bad!

I don't like it either.........leave well enough alone!

Made me think of the movie.....Total Recall with Anrold  Schwarztenegger.

:loud-speaker-saying-no-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,171
23 minutes ago, Anne said:

I don't like it either.........leave well enough alone!

Made me think of the movie.....Total Recall with Anrold  Schwarztenegger.

:loud-speaker-saying-no-smiley-emoticon:

I got a message for those who clone people :D

• Like 1

markovian    54

medical advancements are paide for in pain and suffering right or wrong some really messed up thing happen to get us where we are ... and alot more even more messed up shit will occure before we find a way to never die

thats the end game i dont think its a matter of if but

Cinnamon    23,078
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

The Island of Dr. Moreau and Atlantis. Neither ended well. 

• Like 1

Dometheus    342

An international team of researchers has re-cloned the first dog to ever be cloned, to basically find out if genetically identical animals will suffer the same fate.

The scientists from Seoul National University, Michigan State University and the University of Illinois had their paper on the monumental re-cloning published in the journal Scientific Reports. The group said they duplicated the original dog clone to learn more about the viability of cloning animals, and to find out if cloning animals speed up the aging process or cause unknown birth defects. Read more here

:popcorneat:After reading the article it made me think if this:  :popcorneat:

Dometheus    342
7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Threads Merged

:pulling-hair:Sorry, I did check to see if there were any other posts.
:pulling-hair:Might look harder next time thanks, Cinnamon.

Cinnamon    23,078
1 minute ago, Dometheus said:

:pulling-hair:Sorry, I did check to see if there were any other posts.
:pulling-hair:Might look harder next time thanks, Cinnamon.

No biggie, it happens all the time. :)  

• Like 1

abigfatzero    2,448

Devil Dog Hound of Hell (FULL MOVIE)

The dog lived for the expected years for that breed, but, did the dog have a soul, what was the dogs personality?????