Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Dometheus

The Media Elite

Dometheus    311

these two clips (never saw the series) make so much sense and probably some of the best script writing I have ever heard.

The Media Elite

America is NOT the greatest country anymore

Edited by Dometheus
  • Like 1

Dometheus    311
2 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Classics :D total sense!

I wonder if we or our future generations will ever see a time when the media is held to a higher standard.
Where hearsay, personal opinions and downright fake news are illegal and immoral when informing the American public.

The media is in most houses in this country and should be handling the awesome responsibility of informing the public with honour and integrity. Instead of lies, bullying and deceit.

That depressed me and I have a full day ahead. Guess it's time to get the Party Started! :happy::happy::happy::happy:

• Like 1

Ukshep    19,871
2 minutes ago, Dometheus said:

I wonder if we or our future generations will ever see a time when the media is held to a higher standard.
Where hearsay, personal opinions and downright fake news are illegal and immoral when informing the American public.

The media is in most houses in this country and should be handling the awesome responsibility of informing the public with honour and integrity. Instead of lies, bullying and deceit.

That depressed me and I have a full day ahead. Guess it's time to get the Party Started! :happy::happy::happy::happy:

I'm not sure we will see future generations, Things are obviously coming to an end.

That said... If you could change all media to something wholesome you could fix a lot of shit!

• Like 1

Dometheus    311
Just now, Ukshep said:

I'm not sure we will see future generations, Things are obviously coming to an end.

That said... If you could change all media to something wholesome you could fix a lot of shit!

This is so true, People are being programmed daily to let the media, Commercials and Programming tell them who they are.

To tell you the truth, this is the I left the Film Industry. Its because I was starting to see it for what it truly is: " a vending machine for products, Opinions and services. It's about sponsors, affiliates and shareholders. Not like it was back in my day, I tell you that.

Reminds me of a comment in the Movie Feild of dreams:

:popcorneat:   :popcorneat::popcorneat::popcorneat::popcorneat:

Ray Kinsella: I bet it's good to be playing again, huh?
Shoeless Joe Jackson: Getting thrown out of baseball was like having part of me amputated. I've heard that old men wake up and scratch itchy legs that been dust for over fifty years. That was me. I'd wake up at night with the smell of the ballpark in my nose, the cool of the grass on my feet... The thrill of the grass.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: Man, I did love this game. I'd have played for food money. It was the game... The sounds, the smells. Did you ever hold a ball or a glove to your face?
Ray Kinsella: Yeah.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: I used to love travelling on the trains from town to town. The hotels... brass spittoons in the lobbies, brass beds in the rooms. It was the crowd, rising to their feet when the ball was hit deep. Shoot, I'd play for nothing!

People played baseball, Football and other sports for the love of the game, not for some 20 million dollar contract. The Meda and Sports are a Joke today when at one time they had integrity, Honor and responsibility and a love for what they were doing,

• Like 2

Seeker22    257
1 hour ago, Dometheus said:

This is so true, People are being programmed daily to let the media, Commercials and Programming tell them who they are.

To tell you the truth, this is the I left the Film Industry. Its because I was starting to see it for what it truly is: " a vending machine for products, Opinions and services. It's about sponsors, affiliates and shareholders. Not like it was back in my day, I tell you that.

Reminds me of a comment in the Movie Feild of dreams:

:popcorneat:   :popcorneat::popcorneat::popcorneat::popcorneat:

Ray Kinsella: I bet it's good to be playing again, huh?
Shoeless Joe Jackson: Getting thrown out of baseball was like having part of me amputated. I've heard that old men wake up and scratch itchy legs that been dust for over fifty years. That was me. I'd wake up at night with the smell of the ballpark in my nose, the cool of the grass on my feet... The thrill of the grass.

Shoeless Joe Jackson: Man, I did love this game. I'd have played for food money. It was the game... The sounds, the smells. Did you ever hold a ball or a glove to your face?
Ray Kinsella: Yeah.
Shoeless Joe Jackson: I used to love travelling on the trains from town to town. The hotels... brass spittoons in the lobbies, brass beds in the rooms. It was the crowd, rising to their feet when the ball was hit deep. Shoot, I'd play for nothing!

People played baseball, Football and other sports for the love of the game, not for some 20 million dollar contract. The Meda and Sports are a Joke today when at one time they had integrity, Honor and responsibility and a love for what they were doing,

My God, that was good!! This is how the Greatest Generation (WWII era) felt about their work- all work. They couldn't wait to bounce out of bed in the morning and get at it.

How far we have fallen, and how soon. MAGA.

• Like 1

Seeker22    257
2 hours ago, Dometheus said:

these two clips (never saw the series) make so much sense and probably some of the best script writing I have ever heard.

The Media Elite

America is NOT the greatest country anymore

I have lyrics of Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry" running in my head as I type this. And that was written over 20 years ago.

• Like 1

Dometheus    311
2 hours ago, Seeker22 said:

I have lyrics of Don Henley's song "Dirty Laundry" running in my head as I type this. And that was written over 20 years ago.

Back then Music was Music. NO Voice Trick, no Lip syncing and you wrote your own songs.
it was just pure music from the soul and the instruments playing the chorus.

I miss those days for sure.

Here is one of my favorites: Dude had a voice! I could list them all, but Meatloaf stood out with that pure vice.

Dometheus    311
27 minutes ago, get out of my cab said:

:grumpier:Yes, there is much dirt under the carpet everywhere we look. Soon the corruption will slow to a crawl because eventually, the truth always comes out, sometimes a little take a long time and other times like now, have a snowball effect.

:snowt:Speaking of snowballs, can't wait for the first snow so I can throw a snowball's at the owners of dogs who crap on my lawn and don't clean it up... lol

Seeker22    257
17 hours ago, Dometheus said:

:grumpier:Yes, there is much dirt under the carpet everywhere we look. Soon the corruption will slow to a crawl because eventually, the truth always comes out, sometimes a little take a long time and other times like now, have a snowball effect.

:snowt:Speaking of snowballs, can't wait for the first snow so I can throw a snowball's at the owners of dogs who crap on my lawn and don't clean it up... lol

99.999% of the time, it is the owners bad behavior in training improperly or not at all. The poor pup is just tabula rasa. Literally garbage in and garbage out. Dog trainers spend more time training owners than they do training dogs. Throw the snowball at the crappy neighbor; the pup will just think you want to play ball.

Let it snow!!!

• Like 1

Dometheus    311

I remember watching a documentary on Rupert Murdock who owns FoxNews and how 1100 or so independent reporters across the country lost their jobs because they were real journalists, and would not participate in sensationalism. This movie is about that and a whole lot more. I wish more people in the public could see this Movie

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War On Journalism

Link if your interested in watching the movie if you haven't already.  :popcorneat: