Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Deep Under Lake Erie: Project WATCHMAN

Cinnamon    23,095

Deep below Lake Erie there is a sprawling complex covering a vast area and large enough in some parts to contain 4 sortie structures. This complex is located at the Morton/Fairport salt mine on the southern shore of Lake Erie (Fairport Harbor) in the United States.

The mine is buried at a depth of 2800 feet with a foot print of nearly 20 miles under the lake and maintains a temperature of about 74 degrees year round. The complex has existed for many years and is well know to some extent. Its purpose; as a Salt mine is still in use to this day and will be for the foreseeable future. The natural resource found under lake Erie contains about 10,000 years of salt and is one of the worlds largest salt deposits ever discovered.

<snip>

So what makes this interesting you may be asking, other than it’s enormous size?

It also contains and array of scientific devices that work with the biggest mysteries of nature in the field of “Particle Physics”. This array that has been located there for the past 25 years; is known as the “Irvine–Michigan–Brookhaven (detector)”, and has been under a major upgrade for years now and with a very new mission.

https://thedatablitz.wordpress.com/2017/11/23/deep-under-lake-erie-project-watchman/

• Like 1

Condor    971

Used to go to Port Dover all the time on Lake Erie.  That's Canada side. ;)

TheOldMan    2,547

This is a very interesting topic 

to bad it's so hush hush 

the Detroit salt mine used to give tours but they stopped it