Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

134 mini-tremors rattle the San Andreas fault in just one week [Merged]

Cinnamon    22,806

Is California about to be hit by the 'Big One'? Fears of a massive earthquake rise after 134 mini-tremors rattle the San Andreas fault in just one week

The earthquakes hammered a 3-mile stretch of the San Andreas fault

Seventeen were stronger than 2.5 magnitude and six were stronger than 3.0

It follows a string of ten tremors that struck Monterey County last week

The largest, a 4.6-magnitude quake, was felt in San Francisco 90 miles away

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5106621/134-earthquakes-rattle-San-Andreas-fault-just-one-week.html#ixzz4zD3NmFWE

Nice swarm there. 

markovian    44

I always thought it's when everything seems calm it's time to panic

u know when the plates stop moving they start building up for a big one

but u know I don't think anyone has ever predicted a earthquake with repeatable results

• Like 1

Cinnamon    22,806
Just now, markovian said:

I always thought it's when everything seems calm it's time to panic

u know when the plates stop moving they start building up for a big one

but u know I don't think anyone has ever predicted a earthquake with repeatable results

They don't know anything and the millions being spent on predictive apps/alerts are stupid. Like I'm going to stop in the middle of a quake and look at an app on my phone. By the time you got an alert you'd already be shaking and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that. 

apache54    4,833
4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

They don't know anything and the millions being spent on predictive apps/alerts are stupid. Like I'm going to stop in the middle of a quake and look at an app on my phone. By the time you got an alert you'd already be shaking and there is absolutely nothing you can do about that. 

Exactly,

the dumbing  down of the people just continues, IF you need a APP to tell you a earthquake is happening! LOL

Cinnamon    22,806
1 minute ago, apache54 said:

Exactly,

the dumbing  down of the people just continues, IF you need a APP to tell you a earthquake is happening! LOL

They're saying they can predict them. One second in advance? pfft

apache54    4,833
Just now, Cinnamon said:

They're saying they can predict them. One second in advance? pfft

YUP!!,

that is what i am saying, for most people in a earthquake unless they can give you enough notice to get out of the area it is pretty useless, but they won't sell like that and the Sheeple will buy it!!

Alluvial    523

The calm before the storm.

USGS is saying that its possible to give up to 30 seconds warning if  you're further away from the epicenter, but some people will only experience 2 seconds warning.  They're supposed to make a smartphone app to give warning but they've been lazy saying something about not enough funding, bullshit.

markovian    44

1 second ... not even enough time to get off a bridge

honestally I would never move to a place that nature clearly dosent want me between fires earthquakes and  floods  I think I'll limit my time there to just long enough to enjoy the ocean

40 percent of the population live next to the ocean ... 1 rock falls from the sky they are all dead ... something to ponder as you look out into the big blue

Siddrix    1,016

Notice how the Quake Storm in the South Pacific region has Suddenly gone Silent... This is very Telling and unsettling...

Ukshep    19,905

Warner Bros Pictures might want to rethink the shooting of San Andreas II – the sequel to the 2015 blockbuster about a massive earthquake striking the San Francisco Bay Area that starred the Rock, Paul Giamatti and a host of other A-list actors.

Because if the US Geological Survey’s worst fears are confirmed, the seismic devastation depicted in the film might hit a little too close to home. According to the Daily Mail, 134 earthquakes have hammered a three-mile stretch around Monterey County on the San Andreas fault over the last week – a pace that’s making seismologists nervous.

The San Andreas fault stretches 750 miles north to south across coastal California, forming the boundary of the Pacific plate and North American plate.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-22/swarm-earthquakes-beneath-san-andreas-fault-making-scientists-nervous