Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
silversides

More Than 300 Cook County (Chicago) Workers Laid Off

More Than 300 Cook County Workers Laid Off

November 21, 2017 6:12 PM By Roseanne Tellez

CHICAGO (CBS) – Cook County board meetings are usually dry and filled with policy and procedure details.

On Tuesday, that was not the case. There were tears and real emotion.

CBS 2’s Roseanne Tellez introduces us to some of the people who got the most unwelcome news, days before Thanksgiving.

Some county employees begged for their jobs.

Cook County commissioners who supported a penny-an-ounce sweetened beverage tax say they warned of the cost of repealing it: a budget amendment filled with pain.

“It has actual layoffs of human beings who have jobs and who have families,” Commissioner Larry Suffredin (13th District) said.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/11/21/more-than-300-cook-county-workers-laid-off/

Cinnamon    22,787

I know people who work for the State of California here and they're a self entitled bunch of liberals. lol  They even get "tenure" meaning no matter how obsolete the position becomes or how little actual work they do, they can't be gotten rid of. Counties are probably the same. I guess they'll blame Trump for the layoffs? :gsbrnint:

• Like 1

Ukshep    19,874
25 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I know people who work for the State of California here and they're a self entitled bunch of liberals. lol  They even get "tenure" meaning no matter how obsolete the position becomes or how little actual work they do, they can't be gotten rid of. Counties are probably the same. I guess they'll blame Trump for the layoffs? :gsbrnint:

Everyone's self-entitled. Welcome to the 21st century.

Quick1966    1,213

Lol! That's nothing compared to the millions of millennials who are in for a shock when they get told social security won't be around for them. The tears alone will reverse any drought California might have in the future!