Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
John Galt

Putin, Flanked by Iran's Rohani and Turkey's Erdogan: We Saved Syria From Collapse

John Galt    982

https://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/syria/1.824414

Critical decisions will be taken for a solution to Syria during Turkey-Russia-Iran joint summit in Sochi, Erdogan says

Syria's leadership is committed to the peace process, constitutional reform and free elections, Putin said. The three presidents agreed to step up efforts to finish off "terrorist" groups in Syria, he said.
The Wednesday summit, hosted by Russian President Vladimir Putin, is a rare occasion bringing together the leaders of Russia and Iran – who back Syria's President Bashar Assad – around a table with Erdogan, who has supported Assad's opponents.
Russia, Iran and Turkey have helped Syria to maintain stability and avoid being taken over by international terrorists, which would have been a "humanitarian catastrophe," Putin said in comments carried by state media.
Putin also made telephone calls in the past 24 hours to other leaders with influence in Syria, including Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, U.S. President Donald Trump and Saudi Arabia's King Salman, as part of Moscow's drive to build an international consensus over a peace deal to end the six-year conflict.

Erdogan seems very relaxed compared to seemly any other time I have seen him. I would say he has found new allies! 

• Like 1

Sky Cat    1,536
1 hour ago, John Galt said:

Erdogan seems very relaxed compared to seemly any other time I have seen him. I would say he has found new allies! 

:nodl:  It's an alliance of necessity.