Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
abigfatzero

Eric Schmidt Says Americans Too Dumb To Detect Fake News

Recommended Posts

 abigfatzero    2,409

Google’s Eric Schmidt Says Americans Too Dumb To Detect Fake News, Plans to “Derank” Russian News

Eric Schmidt has made news with his latest announcement that Google is working on ways to “derank” Russian media in the search engine’s results.

At this weekend’s Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google and current executive Chairman of Alphabet Inc., discussed Google’s efforts to deal with the apparent rise of fake news. Specifically, Schmidt was talking about how the search engine giant might limit the spread of “Russian Propaganda.” Mr. Schmidt said Google might “derank” fake news stories, going as far as mentioning Russian news stations Russia Today (RT) and Sputnik.

“We are working on detecting and deranking those kinds of sites – it’s basically RT and Sputnik,” Schmidt said. “We are well of aware of it, and we are trying to engineer the systems to prevent that [the content being delivered to wide audiences]. But we don’t want to ban the sites – that’s not how we operate.”

Schmidt said Google was not in favor of censorship, but would rather focus on ranking. “I am very strongly in favor of ranking. It’s what we do,” he stated. “It’s a very legitimate question as to how we rank, A or B, right? And we do the best we can in millions and millions of rankings every day.”

https://www.activistpost.com/2017/11/googles-eric-schmidt-says-americans-too-dumb-to-detect-fake-news-plans-to-derank-russian-news.html

:grumph:

Rank this, goolag...........:fkff:

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    19,874

They are.... It's not just americans either. Or sheep.

If that's hard to swallow for some..... Tough..... It's a fact!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Dometheus    313

Another Old Saying: "People will believe what they want to believe"
Most people don't sit around in Forums all day posting information we should all be viewing.

Instead, they depend on the Radio station they listen to on the way to and from work. Then at home, they have the local newspaper and local news channels to check. then they go to the national News and fall for everything they ALL say.

As long as the sheep continue to live in the dark they will never have their eyes opened. Instead, the media has them right where they want them, Consuming Goods and services.

Religion, Jobs, Families and other obligations keep them plenty busy and distracted.

Remember this meme

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    22,787
45 minutes ago, abigfatzero said:

But we don’t want to ban the sites – that’s not how we operate.”

LOL Deranking is just another word for BURYING them. Fn 1984, we're living it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Sky Cat    1,488

Goolag >  :fkff:< Me

Yeah, Eric Schmidt can go jump off a cliff.  His arrogance is a mirror of what the NWO gang's attitude towards humanity is.  Put up with Goolag's shit and you will find yourselves in deep doodoo.  I hope enough people wake up and smell the coffee and drop them like a hot potato.
 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ironman    35
3 hours ago, abigfatzero said:

Google’s Eric Schmidt Says Americans Too Dumb To Detect Fake News, Plans to “Derank” Russian News

Eric Schmidt has made news with his latest announcement that Google is working on ways to “derank” Russian media in the search engine’s results.

At this weekend’s Halifax International Security Forum in Canada, Eric Schmidt, former CEO of Google and current executive Chairman of Alphabet Inc., discussed Google’s efforts to deal with the apparent rise of fake news. Specifically, Schmidt was talking about how the search engine giant might limit the spread of “Russian Propaganda.” Mr. Schmidt said Google might “derank” fake news stories, going as far as mentioning Russian news stations Russia Today (RT) and Sputnik.

“We are working on detecting and deranking those kinds of sites – it’s basically RT and Sputnik,” Schmidt said. “We are well of aware of it, and we are trying to engineer the systems to prevent that [the content being delivered to wide audiences]. But we don’t want to ban the sites – that’s not how we operate.”

Schmidt said Google was not in favor of censorship, but would rather focus on ranking. “I am very strongly in favor of ranking. It’s what we do,” he stated. “It’s a very legitimate question as to how we rank, A or B, right? And we do the best we can in millions and millions of rankings every day.”

https://www.activistpost.com/2017/11/googles-eric-schmidt-says-americans-too-dumb-to-detect-fake-news-plans-to-derank-russian-news.html

:grumph:

Rank this, goolag...........:fkff:

 

The liberals are too stupid to disceminate fact from fiction, and if they are smart enough they don't question what they are fed by msm.  This causes them to believe the deception and not ask any questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    19,874
1 hour ago, Ironman said:

The liberals are too stupid to disceminate fact from fiction, and if they are smart enough they don't question what they are fed by msm.  This causes them to believe the deception and not ask any questions.

It's not just the liberals, both sides have this issue..... And a hell of a lot of bias. Group think is dangerous!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    22,787

Fake News makes you become less discerning because it's either entirely based on drama or is your dream come true about sending these aholes to prison (most of the time it's based on justice denied).  I just hope they don't get any better at it than they already are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Siriusly    246

Net neutrality - censorship and government tracking.

I think the need for a new Internet is becoming more urgent by the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ironman    35
52 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

It's not just the liberals, both sides have this issue..... And a hell of a lot of bias. Group think is dangerous!

:clap1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    840

Some Americans are too dumbed down to detect anything much.  Other than the latest on Kim Kardashian's booty, dancing with the Stars and where is the next six pack of Budweiser coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Kestrelle    33

Time's almost up, Eric Schmidt. Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock. You're going to be held accountable for the collusion with the shadow government. In any case Dot Com and others are about to give us a new free internet, that actually works. I'm sorry, but YOU WON'T BE MISSED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×