Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Megaparsec III

1I/ `Oumuamua: New data

1I/ `Oumuamua is appox. 400 meters long and 40 meters in dia. This historical object has defied all known asteroidal and cometary data from centuries of observations. Object according to current data is dark red matching somewhat TNO's (trans Neptunium objects) colors in the Keiper belt of our solar system. This information denotes long exposure to the galactic and stellar environment for billions of years. Slowly rotating about every 8 hours and is in a slow tumble also.

In the inner circles of astronomers they are discussing that this is a probe of some type which was sent to our solar system to gather data on Earth and the rest of the systems planets. Release of Hubble data and Spitzer is being considered highly sensitive and possible non-release to public domains for population disruption. Some are proposing to release all data even under population disruption scenario's for reasons of humanities understanding of their place in the universe.

Those that have followed my last post on this object are now seeing a small confirmation. Papers in regards to this object can be found here:

http://www.astro.ljmu.ac.uk/~lsk/wordclouds/astro-ph.EP/

You will have to scroll down to find them all and are worth the read, please take the time for these. Also download and keep them in your files, the possibility of them being removed off the net is real.

This is a once in a lifetime historical interstellar object, something to tell your grandchildren about and pass the data. They are monitoring the general area from where this came from because of more in-bound's along the same trajectory. Personally I don't care if you believe me or not. I'm part of the data inside and out which is why I am posting this update and others whom feel like myself but can't take risks of disclosure want this to get to all of humanity not just a select few.

If I can release the Hubble and Spitzer data I will post the download links for all to get them and read what the observations say. In hopes it will be allowed in the public domains and needs to be for this might just help humanity in the long run of maturity. Just understand that no one wants to commit professional suicide but some whom are retired don't give a rats butt and will post the truth as it is observed with data to back it up.

Interesting times we live in, their was also a object which was released from this probe and picked up from data observations then quietly buried. Yes I have the files. Again these are gone off the web and were only available for two days then poof.

My conscience is clear.

• Like 4

Ukshep    20,143

Pinned for discussion! Would I be correct in assuming there is a risk of possible problems on-route???

• Like 1

Thanks Shep for the pin, here's the Hubble data hot off the site!

https://archive.stsci.edu/proposal_search.php?id=15405&mission=hst

These are Gigs of data and raw fits, you will have to know how to retrieve these and download them then process. In hopes they will be at Hubble Legacy web site soon.

Edited by Megaparsec III
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Pinned for discussion! Would I be correct in assuming there is a risk of possible problems on-route???

This is a real possibility and only time will tell from the data, Lyra constellation is the general area from whence this object came so that's where we're looking for something new.

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,143
7 minutes ago, Megaparsec III said:

This is a real possibility and only time will tell from the data, Lyra constellation is the general area from whence this object came so that's where we're looking for something new.

If you spot anything keep us updated. You seem to have a better understanding of this than I!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

If you spot anything keep us updated. You seem to have a better understanding of this than I!

I'll give as much data on this to everyone as I can, and images in the future. Working on Hubble data as we speak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

How fast is this thing traveling? 

I presume it is traveling towards us? 

I have no idea how fast it's traveling, haven't seen anyone mention that.

From what I understand it has already hit perihelion and is now heading back out, though I could be wrong, haven't looked into it too much.

Rob    209
2 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

How fast is this thing traveling? 

I presume it is traveling towards us? 

It has a speed at infinity of 26.33 km/s (58,900 mph) relative to the Sun when in interstellar space, and as the Sun pulled it inward the speed peaked at 87.71 km/s (196,200 mph) at perihelion.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ʻOumuamua

• Like 2

Dometheus    342

Did some more digging on this object and found:

Here are the top 5 most notable aspects of Oumuamua

• The asteroid has a highly "elongated shape" – around 400m long. ESO's Karen Meech said that the asteroid is "about ten times as long as it is wide, with a complex, convoluted shape." According to scientists, Oumuamua's length spans around "half a city block".
  • The alien asteroid is very fast, zooming away from our Solar System at around 140,000 Kms/hr and is already believed to be around 124 million miles away from Earth, Space.com reported.
  • The asteroid is dense, possibly rocky and may have a high metal content.
  • The asteroid does not have "the faintest hint of dust around it," according to Meech, and lacks ice or water.
  • Unlike Solar System comets or asteroids, Oumuamua's orbit is not "bound to the Sun," Kotulla explained. In fact, the asteroid's orbit does not take it anywhere close to the major planets in our Solar System.

Source

:lol-guy-smiley-emoticon:
Looking at this artist render of the object below:
Link

And what it made me think about below:
Link

• Like 1