Jump to content
Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

NFL owners say they might change anthem policy if protests persist: report

Recommended Posts

 Cinnamon    23,078

Some NFL owners might consider keeping teams in the locker room during the national anthem next season if player protests continue, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

“I think that if players are still kneeling at the end of the year, then it could very well happen,” a source told the newspaper.

Multiple people told the newspaper that it was too early to tell if league owners would follow through on a new policy, adding that there have not been detailed discussions.

NFL players have protested social justice issues, such as police brutality, since the 2016 season, either kneeling or raising a fist during the national anthem. The issue was brought into the spotlight again in September, when President Trump suggested those taking a knee should be fired.

<snip>

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/361478-nfl-owners-considering-rule-to-keep-players-in-locker-rooms-during

What they're really saying is that the fans are not paying anymore because they are pissed off at the players for what they perceive as disrespecting the country and they have to do something to stop the leaking of cash from all their pockets. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 God Man    677
3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

What they're really saying is that the fans are not paying anymore because they are pissed off at the players for what they perceive as disrespecting the country and they have to do something to stop the leaking of cash from all their pockets. 

I think that this true but they are also allowing some constitutional freedom to persist which is good too. 

I think College football received a boost this year in viewership.  Freedom can be contentious at times but is well worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 londonorchar    444

How about the owners fire them!  It's nothing more than having a job description for these overpriced entertainers!  They follow the boss's rule or get canned!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Scout    113

I believe it is already too late for things to change back to where they were before.....

A  lot of people KNOW what the NFL players think ....I believe this is an anti Trump 

protest.......JMHO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 God Man    677
7 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

How about the owners fire them!  It's nothing more than having a job description for these overpriced entertainers!  They follow the boss's rule or get canned!

Have you heard of labor laws, contracts and the constitution?  If it was that simple, it would have already happened.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    23,078

There won't be any contracts if they don't do something to stop the bleeding and it may already be too late. I think it probably is too late. 

They put their politics out on the playing field.

They claim it's against police brutality and racial inequality... while they rake in millions of dollars themselves. Are they also pseudo representatives of BLM regarding the police brutality issue? BLM takes Commie Soros money and that's why I am curious about that. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 londonorchar    444
29 minutes ago, God Man said:

Have you heard of labor laws, contracts and the constitution?  If it was that simple, it would have already happened.

So your saying that the team owners are stupid and the lawyers that wrote the contracts were stupid as well????  I don't buy it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 God Man    677
22 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

There won't be any contracts if they don't do something to stop the bleeding and it may already be too late. I think it probably is too late. 

They put their politics out on the playing field.

They claim it's against police brutality and racial inequality... while they rake in millions of dollars themselves. Are they also pseudo representatives of BLM regarding the police brutality issue? BLM takes Commie Soros money and that's why I am curious about that. 

 

Well my perception of the situation is different I guess.  I don't see all the players doing this as something against police brutality as you do.  I see only a very small number or percentage doing it for this reason. Who cares how much money they make.  They were offered contracts to play for that amount of money.  How do they represent Bureau of Land Management?  And what does this have to do with SOros? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 God Man    677
9 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

So your saying that the team owners are stupid and the lawyers that wrote the contracts were stupid as well????  I don't buy it!

Where did I say that?  You completely lost me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    23,078
5 minutes ago, God Man said:

Well my perception of the situation is different I guess.  I don't see all the players doing this as something against police brutality as you do.  I see only a very small number or percentage doing it for this reason. Who cares how much money they make.  They were offered contracts to play for that amount of money.  How do they represent Bureau of Land Management?  And what does this have to do with SOros? 

Black Lives Matter is who I am talking about. They stated that is why they were kneeling, because of police brutality and racial inequality. Why do you think they were out there kneeling? 

EDIT: It matters how much money they make because they are sitting there whining about racial inequality and they're millionaires who are not suffering any racial inequality. 

Frankly, I think they're a bunch of Marxists and this is another power play by them and everyone else involved. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 God Man    677
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

Black Lives Matter is who I am talking about. They stated that is why they were kneeling, because of police brutality and racial inequality. Why do you think they were out there kneeling? 

A few people were kneeling.  Then Trump did what he did and suddenly everyone had to kneel including owners for probably tons of reasons including constitutional rights, supporting freedom, supporting teammates, political reasons and on and on.  Many stated publically there reasons and they were all mostly different.   I didn't know it was Black lives matter, but now I get the BLM thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    23,078
Just now, God Man said:

A few people were kneeling.  Then Trump did what he did and suddenly everyone had to kneel including owners for probably tons of reasons including constitutional rights, supporting freedom, supporting teammates, political reasons and on and on.  Many stated publically there reasons and they were all mostly different.   I didn't know it was Black lives matter, but now I get the BLM thing.

It was basically an anti Trump thing they were doing. Whatever facade they want to put on it, it's pretty obvious. But it's backfiring on them now. They'll be broke in a few years and wondering what happened. Like Hillary. lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up to our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×