Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Disney animation chief on leave over 'unwanted hugs'

Cinnamon    23,074

Unwanted hugs? wtf? Really? 

Disney animation chief John Lasseter said Tuesday he is taking a six-month leave of absence after acknowledging in an internal memo that he had made staff feel "disrespected or uncomfortable" with unwanted hugs.

The 60-year-old Lasseter, best known for transforming Pixar from a small graphics department at Lucasfilm into the most successful animation studio in the world, was the pioneering director of "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2."

His announcement that he is taking leave follows a flood of complaints over varying degrees of sexual misconduct by numerous powerful entertainment industry figures including producer Harvey Weinstein and actor Kevin Spacey.

<snip>

https://www.afp.com/en/news/15/disney-animation-chief-leave-over-unwanted-hugs

Ukshep    20,168

Poor bugger got his feelings hurt. Some people are actually harmless. This could be one of those cases!

apache54    4,912
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Poor bugger got his feelings hurt. Some people are actually harmless. This could be one of those cases!

People do forget about that, I know several people (normal) both male and female and they give hugs and it is NOT anything  to do with sex, just who they are and how they show great affection for some friends and family!!

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,168
Just now, apache54 said:

People do forget about that, I know several people (normal) both male and female and they give hugs and it is NOT anything  to do with sex, just who they are and how they show great affection for some friends and family!!

I am one of those people. If the mood strikes me...

apache54    4,912
Just now, Ukshep said:

I am one of those people. If the mood strikes me...

GREAT!!

I was raised where hugs were given and nothing was meant other than you were loved!!

out of likes at the moment!!

Ukshep    20,168
10 minutes ago, apache54 said:

GREAT!!

I was raised where hugs were given and nothing was meant other than you were loved!!

out of likes at the moment!!

I make a point of living my life in such a way that people are brightened by my presence (hard to do online, I talk in logic and without emotion when behind a screen, I offend many! Human disconnect). In person I do like to shine a tiny sparkle into peoples lives. It makes me happy. I feel like I have been given life therefore I should use it wisely.

I miss doing chores for the old folk. They all got moved to residential care homes 7 or so years back but before then I'd wander round on a weekend. Knock on the doors and see if they needed any help with cleaning, gardening etc. Old folk have tons of stories, They remember things no one else does. Learned a lot.

I'm not one to stay bored. Which is how it all happened. I was bored so thought... time to do something productive.

People forget all about actions that are done without expectation of reward... They are pure! We need more of them!

apache54    4,912
14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I make a point of living my life in such a way that people are brightened by my presence (hard to do online, I talk in logic and without emotion when behind a screen, I offend many! Human disconnect). In person I do like to shine a tiny sparkle into peoples lives. It makes me happy. I feel like I have been given life therefore I should use it wisely.

I miss doing chores for the old folk. They all got moved to residential care homes 7 or so years back but before then I'd wander round on a weekend. Knock on the doors and see if they needed any help with cleaning, gardening etc. Old folk have tons of stories, They remember things no one else does. Learned a lot.

I'm not one to stay bored. Which is how it all happened. I was bored so thought... time to do something productive.

People forget all about actions that are done without expectation of reward... They are pure! We need more of them!

interesting that you talk about that, I was the only one of my Grandfathers many grandchildren whom would sit and let him talk about the past and what he knew,  ( native American ) he also taught me the old ways of hunting,fishing,tracking, etc etc. i could never get enough of his stories.

very nice to see you enjoy those things as well, we are fast losing all that knowledge here in the states, i don't know hardly any KIDS who have that desire to know this stuff, my Wife and i have vast knowledge of the old ways, from herbs and tinctures to canning and hunting, etc. etc. and nobody really wants to know those things anymore. sad indeed!!

thanks for sharing!!

Edited by apache54
  • Like 1

Ukshep    20,168
Just now, apache54 said:

interesting that you talk about that, I was the only one of my Grandfathers many grandchildren whom would sit and let him talk about the past and what he knew,  ( native American ) he also talk me the old ways of hunting,fishing,tracking, etc etc. i could never get enough of his stories.

very nice to see you enjoy those things as well, we are fast losing all that knowledge here in the states, i don't know hardly any KIDS who have that desire to know this stuff, my Wife and i have vast knowledge of the old ways, from herbs and tinctures to canning and hunting, etc. etc. and nobody really wants to know those things anymore. sad indeed!!

thanks for sharing!!

We all need that reminder. The old ways die off. From many places. Someones got to keep them alive and well...

apache54    4,912
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

We all need that reminder. The old ways die off. From many places. Someones got to keep them alive and well...

agreed!!

• Like 1