Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

Barbie’s first hijab: Meet the new Ibtihaj Muhammad doll [Merged]

ESET    1,226

+snip+

American group Mattel unveiled its first ever hijab-wearing Barbie doll Monday in honor of US Olympic fencer Ibtihaj Muhammad, who in 2016 became the first American Olympian to wear a headscarf while competing.

The doll, part of the toymaker’s “Sheroes” collection, is dressed in fencing gear as well as the hijab.

It will be on sale online from 2018, a spokeswoman told AFP.

“We are so excited to honor @IbtihajMuhammad with a one-of-a-kind #Barbie doll! Ibtihaj continues to inspire women and girls everywhere to break boundaries,” Mattel wrote on its social media accounts, accompanied by a photo of Muhammad holding the doll.

On its website, Mattel said the new Barbie is “inspiration for countless little girls who never saw themselves represented in sports and culture,” adding it hopes the doll “shows girls they can be anything.”

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/11/14/542126/US-Mattel-hijabwearing-Barbie-Ibtihaj-Muhammad

CSB    2,007

I wonder if she Barbie comes with the pungent odor of goats ...

Ewwwwwwww

sybdragon    1,491

Welllll..... I was wondering what that thing was she was wearing. A one piece bathing suit or what? The second article said is was a fencing outfit because I am guessing that's what the girl it was modeled on did? I do not see why they don't make their own clothes for Barbie to wear. When I was a little girl, yes, I did play with my Barbie dolls. No other dolls because I was a tomboy but my sister and I would play Barbies for hours. Our Philippine maid, I loved her so much,  made us some crochet Barbie doll clothes for Christmas one year and they were so beautiful. Pantsuits and dresses. Beautiful!!!! 

I would have just made my own scarves and stuff for my Barbie. No need to have a special Barbie. She came clothed in a bathing suit. Can not wear a bathing suit out to eat or dancing or anything. And going to the beach every day is so boring. My Barbie traveled the world and I went along with her. We (my sister, Barbies and me) were USAF brats and brats travel with their parents all over the world. We had to have clothes for that and my Mom gave us scrap material to make clothes with. Lots of times, it was just an ole shirt or towel or something she tore up for us to have some scraps. :D  

Do kids not do that stuff anymore? What happened to creativity? Imagination? 

• Like 1

Rob    181

It's whatever.. ain't no one bought that black barbie,  ain't no one gonna buy this. .  

markovian    30

I understand little of ass backward apes living in sand world ... but i dont think little girls get dolls ... or celibate Xmas

from my understanding little girls are seen as property ... and now matell is essentially promoting this savage behavior ..

• Like 1

apache54    4,635
12 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

I hope she dont show accidently show ankle, or Kenhammud Barbie dolls gonna gang rape her.

next they will be selling Ken rapes Barbie sets and then a really sicko version for beastility !!  they have become just another monster in the cog whom sold its soul for money!!

Cinders77    321
12 hours ago, DRUMZ said:

how many of these things will be sold as Christmas presents???? 

Right!  Islam doesn't celebrate Christmas.  Excellent point.

Cinders77    321
3 hours ago, CSB said:

I wonder if she Barbie comes with the pungent odor of goats

That would be the Ken doll....

• Haha 1

sybdragon    1,491
6 minutes ago, Cinders77 said:

That would be the Ken doll....

Wonder if he'll have a beard? I haven't kept up with the Barbie dolls. When I was a kid, the Ken doll was called, GI Joe doll. :gsbrnint: