Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Uncle Thanky

battle for the net

Uncle Thanky    1,093

"The FCC is about to announce a vote to slash net neutrality rules, allowing ISPs like Verizon to block apps, slow websites, and charge fees to control what you see & do online. Once they announce the vote, it's hard to stop. But if we flood them with calls now, *Congress* can stop the vote."

https://www.battleforthenet.com/

What is net neutrality? Why does it matter?

Net neutrality is the principle that Internet providers like Comcast & Verizon should not control what we see and do online. In 2015, startups, Internet freedom groups, and 3.7 million commenters won strong net neutrality rules from the US Federal Communication Commission (FCC). The rules prohibit Internet providers from blocking, throttling, and paid prioritization—"fast lanes" for sites that pay, and slow lanes for everyone else.

So, what are You going to do?

• Like 3

God Man    611

We are under attack everywhere lately.  Net neutrality, Youtube, Facebook, Google etc.  There is a war going on for our minds!

• Like 2

Dan Lannon    523

Time to hit 'em where it hurts and start canceling ISP subscriptions.  Go back to quality time reading a good book, practicing a musical instrument, gardening, fishing, or having an actual conversation with a real person.

1 hour ago, Dan Lannon said:

Time to hit 'em where it hurts and start canceling ISP subscriptions.  Go back to quality time reading a good book, practicing a musical instrument, gardening, fishing, or having an actual conversation with a real person.

I would be dead in a week, wife and I have black thumbs regarding gardening..cant sing or play an instrument.. fish have 3 eyes and im deaf..she reads online 3 to 5 books a week.

Yeh, if be snuffed out faster than a Clinton accuser

Seeker22    211
1 hour ago, Dan Lannon said:

If I have not put all my research together by December 31st, tough titty. I spent many years with Dutch Ovens and Oil Lamps. I will be going back to that first of next year. With all the stuff coming out on 4chan, we will either win this thing by the end of this year and have a Reset, or it will be literal hell on earth, far worse than it is now. I want to go back to the balanced beautiful time in my life. Unplugging is the first step. If I need a computer, they have them at the library.

CSB    2,007

For me I see the day coming where I will be shutting my internet down and spending more time in the back yard watching my Harley having some safe fun with the neighbor's sissy little Jap bike ..

I was thinking about building a new computer but I have changed my mind ; over the years I have watched the internet change way to much and I don't like what I see .

• Like 1

londonorchar    352
8 hours ago, God Man said:

We are under attack everywhere lately.  Net neutrality, Youtube, Facebook, Google etc.  There is a war going on for our minds!

We all need to stay frosty..............