Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

BREAKING | The Hidden Grand Agenda Unveiled | Freemasonary is Alive and Well! The Spirit of the Anti-Christ Cometh in 2022! 🚨 Updated!

Siddrix    978

ASASSN-15lh's 

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/01/rare-supernova-crab-nebula/424125/

Surprisingly, it isn’t clear whether ASASSN-15lh’s extraordinary luminosity would sterilize a wider radius of space than your average supernova. But there are clues. For one, it’s very blue, suggesting it cranks out a lot of UV rays. Using only ASASSN-15lh’s heightened brightness, Thompson estimates it could be deadly even up to three hundred parsecs away.  (Snip)

Edited by Siddrix
  • Like 2

Ukshep    19,027
11 minutes ago, Siddrix said:

ASASSN-15lh's 

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/01/rare-supernova-crab-nebula/424125/

Surprisingly, it isn’t clear whether ASASSN-15lh’s extraordinary luminosity would sterilize a wider radius of space than your average supernova. But there are clues. For one, it’s very blue, suggesting it cranks out a lot of UV rays. Using only ASASSN-15lh’s heightened brightness, Thompson estimates it could be deadly even up to three hundred parsecs away.  (Snip)

@Cinnamon Different to the one you saw? So one blue / one red?

Cinnamon    21,940
4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

@Cinnamon Different to the one you saw? So one blue / one red?

Jan. 6, 2017

Astronomers think a rare and explosive 'red nova' will light up the night sky in a few years

However, Larry Molnar, an astronomer at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has gone a big step further with a few colleagues: Over the past 2 years, he's claimed not only to have found such a system, but also predicted when it will blow up as a red nova.

"No one has ever seen a star go into this kind of explosion. No other situation has come up where any astronomer has ever been able to say, 'this is a star about to blow up,'" Molnar said in a preview for an upcoming documentary, called "Luminous."

His prognostication is specific enough to make any astrophysicist squirm: Molnar now says the whole thing will go down just 5 years from now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/red-nova-stellar-merger-prediction-sky-2017-1 

This would be in 2022. 

• Like 2

Tigerlilly    116
3 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

Riveted to this!!!

Same!  I fear my brain is going to cramp trying to understand it all but I'll be reading, thinking and trying as much as possible

• Like 2

Ukshep    19,027
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Jan. 6, 2017

Astronomers think a rare and explosive 'red nova' will light up the night sky in a few years

However, Larry Molnar, an astronomer at Calvin College in Grand Rapids, Michigan, has gone a big step further with a few colleagues: Over the past 2 years, he's claimed not only to have found such a system, but also predicted when it will blow up as a red nova.

"No one has ever seen a star go into this kind of explosion. No other situation has come up where any astronomer has ever been able to say, 'this is a star about to blow up,'" Molnar said in a preview for an upcoming documentary, called "Luminous."

His prognostication is specific enough to make any astrophysicist squirm: Molnar now says the whole thing will go down just 5 years from now.

http://www.businessinsider.com/red-nova-stellar-merger-prediction-sky-2017-1 

This would be in 2022.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Ukshep    19,027
2 minutes ago, Tigerlilly said:

Same!  I fear my brain is going to cramp trying to understand it all but I'll be reading, thinking and trying as much as possible

Sorry! :popcorneat: Look on the bright side. Oh wait that's a supernova :D

• Haha 2

Hazmat    200
Just now, Tigerlilly said:

Turn to your inner self for the right direction...

• Like 2

Ukshep    19,027

Going to be interesting going forward knowing this now. :D

• Like 1