Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
desert.desolation

Source: Trump Thinks Scientology Should Lose Tax Excemption

About F***ing Time..

“President Donald Trump believes the Church of Scientology should have its tax exemption revoked, a longtime family aide and current top official at the Department of Housing and Urban Development told an actress and producer in May.”

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a04dd35e4b05673aa584cab/amp?utm_hp_ref=donald-trump 

• Like 1

Ric278    105

When I first read about what there beliefs were, I actually thought is was a joke at first! Its some crazy stuff I tell ya!

I agree it is a load of crap, but do we want the government to have discretion over what religions Uncle Sam feels are legitimate?  Why Scientology, why not Islam?  The slope here is a slippery one.

• Like 3

who knows    290
1 hour ago, Libertyordeath19 said:

I agree it is a load of crap, but do we want the government to have discretion over what religions Uncle Sam feels are legitimate?  Why Scientology, why not Islam?  The slope here is a slippery one.

Why not both?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JAY9000 said:

Would have thought the headline - 

TRUMP THINKS

would have been more of a conspiracy theory.

the huffington post isn’t exactly steve quayle which is why i didn’t post as a hardcore conspiracy..This is news imo because..

1. The Huffington Post is Mainstream News.

2. There is a A&E show on the subject.

3. It’s a current topic and people are interested in it.

I’m not here to stir the pot, just to share a headline from a mainstream souce, about a current relevant topic, and to debate that topic. 🙃

AgedLace    323
16 minutes ago, who knows said:

Why not both?

Until there is a satanist or muslim or atheist or ??? president who *thinks* that christianity, or ??? should lose their tax exempt status? 

Don't get me wrong ... personally, I do not believe Scientology has any merit ... yet, the people who do believe it do have the right to believe as they wish.  The main concern I have with Scientology is that it it my understanding once a person becomes a member; they loose their ability to think for themselves or make their own decisions; as well as Scientology's attempts to ruin and discredit those who chose to speak out against the atrocities committed within the organization.

But I stand by comment that people have the right to believe whoever, whatever they wish.  It's called FREEWILL.

Edited by AgedLace
  • Like 3

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.