Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

The FBI Says It Can’t Unlock Data On Texas Shooter’s Phone

Ukshep    18,810

The FBI announced Tuesday that it has so far been unable to decrypt the phone of the gunman who killed 26 people in a Texas church.

The federal agency’s struggle to retrieve the encrypted data from the smartphone is highly similar to another situation from December 2015 in which authorities at first couldn’t unlock the phone of Syed Rizwan Farook, one of the perpetrators in the Sen Bernardino mass shooting. Encryption is the process of transforming data into complex codes to automatically lock the information and essentially obstruct unauthorized access.

The battle over encryption may materialize yet again due to the FBI’s apparent incapacity to unlock at least parts of the mobile device of 26-year-old Devin Kelley, who shot up the church in Sutherland Springs, Texas.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/08/the-fbi-says-it-cant-unlock-data-on-texas-shooters-phone/

Is this where they ask for ways to get in so that we're all screwed in yet another way?

• WTF 1

COBO Member    3,126
24 minutes ago, Automan63 said:

BULL............... Shit

Exactly. They've never had any long-term problems doing so in the past.

Translation: they found something on his phone the is completely at odds with the "official" narrative and they don't want to talk about it.  Are we supposed to believe that the FBI is this helpless and incompetent? I'm not buying it

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Libertyordeath19 said:

Translation: they found something on his phone the is completely at odds with the "official" narrative and they don't want to talk about it.  Are we supposed to believe that the FBI is this helpless and incompetent? I'm not buying it

I agree with you my friend...

Cinnamon    21,716
14 minutes ago, Libertyordeath19 said:

San Bernardino shooting. Same thing. Then there was a court case, but miraculously they managed to "tinker" with it and open it. 

"The end of this legal standoff also means that no legal precedent gets set for the scope of government's power to compel an unwilling company to cooperate in an investigation, for instance by writing special new software as in Apple's case."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/28/472192080/the-fbi-has-successfully-unlocked-the-iphone-without-apples-help

londonorchar    326

That or the FBI is using this shooting to further their push to get legislation enabling them to more easily spy on people through their smartphone devices...........

apache54    4,578
1 hour ago, Libertyordeath19 said:

that is the most likely thing!! great comment!!!

• Like 1