Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

roadtoad2

How they solved the parking problem in 1927

CGK    2,609

From your link..

Anyway, the video below is going to present you a fascinating manner of parallel parking from the late 1920s! You are going to witness that it does not require a great deal of driving (parking) skills in order to place your vehicle to the desired spot! All you need to do is to pull a handle that rotates the front wheels for 90 degrees!

rbear    240

I think this would be called "zero turn radius". Riding lawn mowers such as Cub Cadet "came out" with this in the past as a "breakthrough", even though this shows it was there all along.

Cryptic Mole    4,283

I didn't see the car park. I only saw it was easy to pull out of a tight parking spot.
I'll bet the back bumper always hit the cars front bumper behind it. Do that today,
and someone's gonna catch a beating

rbear    240

I didn't see the car park. I only saw it was easy to pull out of a tight parking spot.
I'll bet the back bumper always hit the cars front bumper behind it. Do that today,
and someone's gonna catch a beating

I was thinking all tires would move (front and back) so you could pull up to desired area, move wheels, go sideways, then if u want, put the wheels straight again. The only thing with this though is its hard on your power steering/(maybe rod?). The car I drive people used to turn the wheels when it was still from my observation, so it seems to be kind of messed up. I deal with it and didn't think of it till now because I am so used to it.